Chapter 15

Black ski mask stood up and off the old woman's dead body and took the knife once again from his son. The little boy held up the woman's eyes and inspected them. Rabbit mask then walked forward and slung the woman's body over his shoulder and then threw her on top of the pile. Almost everyone was there in the corner, and now there were only five people left other than me and Kyle.

After inspecting the eyes, the little boy held them out for his father to take. Black ski mask took them from him and then looked down their line of hostages. His eyes landed on a greying haired man who was in his mid forties. Black ski mask walked up to him and held out his hand.

"Eat."

The man looked up to Black ski mask and then at his hand in utter disgust. "I'd rather die."

To be honest if I was in his situation, I would have preferred to be dead as well. There was no way they would get me to eat another person, whether it was a finger or an eye.

"It wasn't a question." Black ski mask growled, while bringing the eyes closer to the man's mouth.

"Fuck you." The man didn't look one bit afraid as he said those words and stared down Black ski mask.

Black ski mask looked at him for an extra minute before grabbing the man by his short hair and pulling his hand down, which made the man's head look up and his mouth open momentarily. This caught the man completely off-guard and Black ski mask took this opportunity to shove the woman's eyes into the man's mouth.

I felt Kyle squeeze my hand as I watched the man try and spit the eyes out, but as soon as the eyes entered the man's mouth, Black ski mask had clasped his hand over his mouth. The man tried to wiggle out of Black ski masks grasp, but Black ski mask was way too strong. Suddenly the man started to make some weird noises, and I realized he was choking on the woman's eyes.

I wanted to run over to them and rip Black ski mask off the man, but Kyle had reached out and grabbed my other hand.

"We should help." I whispered, looking away from what was happening and towards Kyle.

"You said it yourself. We shouldn't do anything that would get us killed."

I looked back over to see that the man was now a very weird shade of purple and his eyes were bulging from their sockets. A minute passed and his movements became slower, and soon enough, he stilled. He died.

I focused back down at my hands, as Black ski mask dragged his body to the corner. How the hell are we getting out of this? I took a quick look at Josh to see that he wasn't even there anymore. Where had he gone?

"Kyle, where did Vendetta go?"

Kyle looked to where Vendetta should have been and when he saw that he wasn't there he looked back at me. "I don't know. But hopefully he doesn't come back."

"Yeah. Hopefully."