Chapter 23

I can't do this. I just can't. This guy did nothing wrong.

I knelt down in front of the victim, my victim. He looked back at me, with no fear.

"Three minutes left."

My breathing quickened and became uneven, as I raised the bloody knife. I looked at the knife to see that my hand was shaking badly. Just do this, and you will be able to save the little boy. I kept telling myself.

"Two minutes."

"Here." The boy had reached out and wrapped his hand around my hand that was carrying the knife.

He swiftly brought the knife down into his chest. I felt his warm blood spill out of the wound that I had created and splashed against my clothes, staining them crimson. The guy didn't scream as the knife went in, he just grimaced slightly from the pain. He then took the knife out of himself and then jammed it in again, over and over, with my hand still holding the handle. I knelt with my knees in the puddle of blood that was created, until the guy stopped moving and his hand fell away from mine. Right when his hand was no longer touching mine, I backed away from him and what I had caused. It should have been me there, not him.

"Good job. Very good." Black ski mask looked absolutely overjoyed.

I looked over to Kyle to see him getting off of Josh. Josh had several stab wounds and slashes all over him. I couldn't help feeling that Josh deserved every single bit of that pain and that I was glad Kyle killed him. But there was something scary in the way Kyle smiled down at Josh's very dead body.

I quickly went over to Emma, to make sure she was alright. She was staring horror struck at everything, and I'm pretty sure I looked the exact same. I just killed a person.

"So you three won, which means I'll get a few of my friends to knock you out and return you to where they found you." Black ski mask got up from his chair and went over to talk with a few of those friends.

Kyle then came and returned to his spot next to me. The wicked smile he had on his face vanished. "We'll get out of here and then call the cops for them to get the little boy."

I ignored the confusion on Emma's face and scowled at Kyle. "I'm not leaving him."

"You may not have a choice."

I looked down at the blood drying on my hands, thinking. Then an insane idea popped into my head.

"I have a plan, but I'll need you guys to trust me. Ok?" I looked at each of them.

"What are you going to do?" Emma asked.

I was about to answer, but then Black ski mask finished talking with his friends and three of the masked people took a step towards us.

"Wait." I said loudly.

Black ski mask turned to me and raised one of his dark eyebrows. "What?"

"You said earlier that you wanted to 'take me for a spin' but Josh got to me first." I ignored Emma and Kyle and gave Black ski mask a questioning look, before continuing. "What's stopping you?"

Before the words even left my mouth, I knew my plan was absolutely terrible and reckless, but it may be my only chance to save the little boy.

Hopefully my plan works.