Chapter 19

"NOOO." The girl continued to scream from where she was tied down to the ground. Even when she was gagged, I could still hear her shrieks echo throughout the room.

She had obviously never played a video game in her life, and it showed. She had pressed random buttons, that didn't do very much. Pennywise mask had beaten her in no time at all.

The game seemed quite weird, but also simple compared to some of the other games. It was kind of like soccer, but they were cars instead of people, and the ball was huge.

"Can someone please just shut her up?" Doll mask asked, basically screaming over the girl's loud cries for help.

Black ski mask looked as though he wanted to have some fun with the girl first, but then thought better of it cause her screaming was almost loud enough to make your ears bleed. He quickly picked up a bunch of knives from the weapon table and then threw them, one at a time, at her.

The first one hit her in the thigh, which made her scream even more, causing me to take my hand out of Kyle's to cover my ears. The next one got her in the shoulder, and I could see a puddle of her blood forming underneath her, her screams were now slowly turning into whimpers. The next knife got thrown and this time embedded itself in her stomach. She was surprisingly still alive when the next one got thrown at her chest, but this one finally did its job and killed her. Black ski mask had one last knife though, so he threw this one with all his might at her head. The knife hit her skull with enough force, for the whole blade to go into her head, making the handle the only thing visible. Her eyes were still open, but glassed over from death.

Black ski mask stepped away and then back over to the table to retrieve his gun that he had placed there. Pennywise mask untied the girl and picked her up like a rag doll and threw her onto the pile of dead bodies.

"There's only one guy left." Kyle whispered, and slid his hand back into mine after I uncovered my ears. "Do you have a plan yet?"

"No." I replied, looking back to him.

"Well hurry up, we're running out of time."

I then looked over to the other boy who won. "Maybe he could help."

Kyle followed my little nod that I did to gesture to the boy. "How?" He asked, looking back at me.

"I don't know." I continued to stare at the guy to try and get his attention, but he was staring at the ground. "I need to get his attention. Can you maybe...?"

"What do you want me to do?" Kyle scowled at me. "Jump up and down and say, 'look at me! Over here!'? It would end with me getting shot. Or worse, killed."

"Then don't do that." I whispered harshly, returning the scowl. "Just try and quietly get his attention."

"Why? So, you can get him to distract them so we can get another weapon?"

I had no idea where all our anger was coming from, but after he said that, a pain in my chest wanted to be noticed, and my anger got replaced with sadness. I took my hand from his and folded my arms across my chest, while Michael Myers dragged the last guy to the chair.

It had been partially my fault that the man was shot. I had agreed to go through with the man's suicide mission, and I didn't even have a plan for when I did get the weapon. Kyle was right, the death of that man was my fault and what he said about the guy was kind of my plan. It would definitely be easier to escape with something or someone distracting them... and then I realized something.

What made me so different from all the people in masks?