Chapter 33

Kyle POV

She kissed her. What? Were they always together?

"Why'd you kiss her?"

Emma and I both looked down at Billy and then I looked at Emma, wanting to know the answer as well.

"I don't know. It was a mistake." She looked to the ground with the feeling of hurt and regret all over her face.

"Do you love her?" Billy asked.

"No." She took a deep breath. "I don't know."

Billy spoke up again. "So your gay?"

Emma opened her mouth and then shut it, and opened it once more. "I don't want to have this conversation right now."

We walked in silence for a little bit, still in sight of the road. I kept glancing at Emma, she seemed to be having an argument with herself. I turned to her and opened my mouth, but then closed it quickly and looked away. What was I supposed to say?

We walked in even more silence, and I could tell the sun was coming up soon. The moon was no longer right above us, it was now positioned closer to the west.

Then we all had to stop.

"Which way do we go."

Emma POV

I could keep telling myself I did what I did because I wanted to move on from Jane, but what if that wasn't the real reason? What if I do love Hazel?

Billy then stopped walking, making me stop and look up. The road had forked off and we were now at the edge of one of the roads.

"Which way do we go?" Kyle asked.

"I don't know." Billy said. "I haven't been out of the house in forever."

I then remembered something. When Josh kidnapped me, I was awake in the car, but I had been too sore to get up and look out the window. I now remember shifting to the right when we had turned this corner, meaning that Josh made a left turn.

"We continue down this road." I said pointing in the right direction.

"Are you sure?" Kyle asked.

"Yes, I'm positive it's this way."

Kyle nodded his head and then we all continued our silent walking just at the edge of the road.

Not even four minutes passed before Billy spoke up. "Do you think Hazel is dead?"

I stared at the ground and fought the tears that were threatening to spill over, I really didn't want to answer.

Thankfully Kyle answered for me. "I don't know."

We fell back into silence, but I could definitely tell we sped up our pace.

Hopefully we get to the police station in time, and hopefully we can save Hazel.