Chapter 32

Emma POV

Bang

The third gunshot rang out, not too far away from where me and Billy were running. I just hope it's Hazel who was pulling the trigger.

When we finally got to where they all were, I had to freeze for a split second.

Kyle was fighting a man in a rabbit mask, Hazel was underneath the girl in the doll mask, the woman in the clown mask was kneeling over a dead guy in a horse mask, and on the far side laid a huge dead man in a Michael Myers mask.

Clown mask looked up at me and was about to say something to the others, but I quickly picked up a good sized rock and brought it down on her face. I wasn't sure if I had just killed her, or if she just went unconscious, but I didn't care to check. Hazel was now screaming loudly.

I didn't think. I just rushed forward and tackled Doll mask. Billy followed close behind and brought that same rock that I used down on Doll mask's face. After Doll mask stopped moving, I looked away from Billy and towards Hazel.

She sat up, but was very pale and she had a wound on her chest, right over her heart. When I placed my hand over the wound, I knew that she might not survive. There was way too much blood, and even if my mother wasn't a nurse, anyone with eyes could see that the injury was life-threatening.

Kyle tried getting her up, but it also seemed like she sprained her ankle, so she fell back down. I continued to cry, as she talked to Billy. Then she turned to me.

"Go."

I didn't even think about what I was doing, until my lips pressed against hers. I jumped back quickly and saw that along with all the pain on Hazel's face, I also saw that she had been shocked and there was also something else there that I couldn't put my finger on.

I looked down and then over to Billy to grab his hand. We both got up and started walking away, I could hear that the other masked people were coming.

"We'll get help." Kyle promised and then followed us in the direction away from the house.

Hazel watched us go, and I wished I could take what I did back. What if she didn't like me like that? And now I made her last moments feeling disgusted by me. I continued to overthink and worry about Hazel, as we sped walked deeper into the forest, but still keeping an eye on the road.

Bang

In the distance behind us, the final bullet had been shot, and hopefully found a home in one of the motherfuckers.