B i l a n g XVII

I look at the humans then I look back at Kale. He's confidently speaking with other nobles.

Suffocating.

One word that can describe this banquet hall. I'm not the only one who's suffocated.

There's three of us. Me, Kale and the awkward Princess infront of us. She's looking at me from head to toe with a stupid look on her face. She's neither angry or cold. She's just, awkwardly glancing.

No one bothered to talk to her.

I smiled at her but she look away.

"It's b-been a while D-duke T..tri..to..ton." She said stuttering. I look at her. She's pretty but not as pretty as the person I saw on the mirror.

Brown hair and brown eyes. Red lips and pointy nose with small heart shape face.

"Princess Anisa." Kale look at her and offered his hand. "It's good seeing you here." I look at the wine on Kale's flute as it move as they shake hands. "This is Heriotza." He showed me. I smiled at the Princess and offered my hand.

My hand stayed in the air as she stared at me disgustingly. Wow!

I smiled and take back my hand.

"She's hostile."

"Of course the Princess would be hostile to the Duke's partner!"

"That's rude."

The whispers around us were too loud for us to hear. I just look around raising my brows.

"The Emperor and the Crown Prince has arrive!" We all look at the grand stairs with double door.

It opened and showed us an old man with a young man.

I tilt my head.

Our number one enemy.

"Presenting!" All the humans bowed. My eyes stayed at the two.

They both look around and before they could see me not paying respect, Kalehas already push my nape.

I glare at him but he just look at me.

"All rise!" The baritone voice of the Emperor said. All the human rise.

The Emperor started his long speech and the Crown Prince is just standing besides the Emperor looking around.

He has a blonde curly hair and a blue eyes, blue eye's probably the mark of a Royalty.

I smiled and look at Kale.

Soon, you'll be the one who's giving speech.

Kale look at me without any emotions.

I chuckled and cling my hands on his arms. We got the Princess' attention infront of us. I winked at her before looking at the stage of the Emperor.

"You may enjoy the night!" The Emperor said as a ending speech.

The humans started flocking infront the Emperor holding presents for a while.

The banquet continued as the time passes.

Kale and I were just standing on the corner when a knight came.

"The Emperor wanted to see you Duke Simouniès." The knight said.

"I'm with a company." Kale said.

"The Emperor personally ask for your presence Your Excellency, your presence alone." The knight look at me.

"You can go, nothing will happen to me." I chuckled and slightly push Kale.

"It's not that." He said.

"It's fine!" I look at the knight.

"You might do something bad to the people around you--"

"What do you think of me? A wild animal that was released from it's prison!?" I asked.

He look at me with small eyes. Judging me.

"Kind of--"

"You!" He just fix my sleeves before looking in my eyes.

"You have to behave." I furrowed my brows.

Why does he have to speak with so much passion? What's wrong with this kid?

"I will." I said. He nodded before turning around. They left.

I look at the Princess who's watching us and she's not even trying to hide it. She look away awkwardly, when she realized that we're making an eye contact for a long time.

Since the Emperor has called Kale, we should go home when he's comeback.

I look at where Kale disappeared. I should beware of the Emperor. He's our only suspect for now.

Slowly, I started walking following Kale.

I can't see him but I'm sure this is where they're headed.

The hall's quiet, I can only hear the far music from the main hall.

Before I could even go to the double door that I'm only seeing.

A sword was place on my neck.

"State your business." I slowly look at the person who's wielding a sword.

Curly blonde hair, blue eyes, red lips and proud nose.

I smiled at him.

"State your business."

"I lost my directions..Your Highness." Damn human, why do they have to use this titles for politeness?

"You're with Duke Triton." He said and retreat his sword.

"Yes." I said.

"We've met before." He said then look at me from head to toe. "Do you know that I've been looking for you for these past years?" I automatically raise my brows.

Did he know that I'm a monsters.

My feet step back.

"Where have you been Lady?" I don't think he know that I'm the monster who escaped the royal wizards.

Kale should be here by now. I shouldn't be entangled with our possible enemy without a plan.

"You probably got the wrong Lady." I said. He just stood there looking at me.

"I'm sure it's you. The Lady infront of the Simouniès Manor." I sighed.

"I should go.." I blinked. "Your Highness."

He smirked at me before moving backwards.

"Sure." He said. "I know where to find you anyway." He tilt his head and look at me from head to toe. "I should let you go this time." He said before knights came.

I started walking away.

"Heri.."

My feet automatically stop and my body turn back to him.

"What?" I asked. When the knights heard that I didn't use any title to address the Crown Prince, they immediately raise their sword.

He just look at me.

"You should go Heri."

••