B i l a n g XXXIII

I saw Kale walk out of the manor. As soon as he's out of the manor, he immediately remove his gloves and gave it to Amiel.

I cannot see his expression as it is dark.

Kale swiftly jump to sit on his horse and ready to leave when another person came out of the manor.

A tall man, probably taller than Kale.

"It was nice working with you Duke Simouniès!" He yelled since Kale is not that near.

"It was all thanks to your help that I finish what I came for." Kale answered. "I have no time to chat, I have someone at home waiting for the good news." He said making my lips form a smile.

The person bowed a little as Kale leave with Amiel and his knights.

I was about to leave when I heard the man chuckled.

"The Duke did all the killings." He said to the person behind him. "It's like he's blood thirsty. It's not as if the people of this manor tried to fight back." He said still in a joyful tone.

"The people ask for their lives but the Duke killed them mercilessly." The other one said.

"Oh well, at least our job is done for the day." He chuckled. "A lot of work like this will be our work in the future."

"Cleaning after the Duke?" The other one.

"Supporting the Duke." He said before going back in.

"What will we say to the Emperor if he found out that everyone is annihilated Knight Commander?" He asked.

I didn't hear the answer after that.

So there's Knight Commander that supports Kale. Now I'm curious..

I smile before teleporting back to the manor before Kale comes home and find out that I'm not behaving inside the manor.

I teleported to the lake.

I sighed before sitting on the huge root of the tree and watched the lake. The moon is really bright and it reflected to the lake.

I wonder how the moon can shine so brightly yet can do nothing to help me no matter how hard I pleaded.

After looking at the moon for a long time, I look at the lake, it's inviting me.

Maybe it's the cold water that calms me?The sound of water moving? The wind's sound as it hits the huge tree's leaves? Kahit ano pa man ang mayroon sa lake na ito, it's calming me.

I removed my clothes and walk to the water, I saw how my hair floats, I saw my blurry reflection, and I saw how the water moves.

I sit enough to drown my head, with my eyes shut, I let my whole body sink in the lake.

When I felt like I can no longer breathe, I stood up and open my eyes.

The smell of orchid is coming close.

It's becoming strong.

My eyes met Kale.

I look at him straight in the eyes.

"You never change, you still peek on someone who's taking a bathe." I smiled at him. He didn't answer and just look at my body and then my eyes.

"Heriotza.." His hoarse voice whispered. He walk closer and stopped before the water hits his feet.

I didn't answer and just look at him.

Looking closer at his face, there are marks of blood, all of them are splatter, there's no blood from Kale. It's good but it's disgusting.

"I just finish the Inóurs." He said. I didn't speak. "Tell me I did great.." I saw how he slowly close his eyes making him look tired.

I smiled again.

"Come here Kale." I said and move back a little.

Without questioning me, he walk towards me. Not minding the cold water or the clothes he's wearing.

When we're standing face to face, I raised my wet hand and place it on his face, removing the blood.

"You did great Kale." His head is just leaning on mine and his eyes are close.

When I'm done removing the blood on the other cheek, I place another hand on the other side making him open his eyes.

"I'm still wondering Kale.." I paused to see his diamond eyes. It still shine, probably because of the reflection of the water. "Why are you doing evil things on my whim?" I asked the same question I asked a while ago.

This time he didn't answer again.

He just held both of my wrist and move his head.

"Bakit Kale? You're not happy."

"Why are you so curious Heriotza? Have you found someone na gagawa ng mga bagay na gusto mo habang tumatawa and you're just creating a reason for us to drift apart?" The anger on his voice is obvious. "Are you leaving again?" He asked in low tone this time. I shook my head.

"You don't owe me anything Kale.. I just want to know why are you helping me."

"Heriotza.. can't you just say I did a good job without questioning why I did shits for you since you're the one who devise everything?!" He asked with a tone. I didn't move. "You shape me to become your chess piece.." He whispered.

I just stand there looking at his neck, his head is still on my head leaning, still holding my wrist but this time with force.

I didn't answer. He is indeed correct. I built him to do things on my command What am I expecting?

A moment of silence, wind blew and I felt the breeze on my bare back. His grip slowly loosen. When I look at him his eyes are shut.

"Kale.." I called him, I thought he fell asleep but he moved his head on my call.

I still don't understand. He has a mind of his own, it's not like I brainwashed him. He's a human, he should betray me if he doesn't like what I ask him to do. I'm not holding anything against him either.

"If you're tired of everything.. just tell me." I whispered. "Everything will be normal then.." I smiled even when he can't see it.

He's a good person, treats me well and acts nice. If he doesn't want to do it anymore, I can just go and kill all the Royals on my own but the winning rate is too low.

I could just go and remove everyone's memory on this manor.

"N-no. Don't leave." He whispered.

I smiled.

Or maybe removing their memory will come in the future, after everything.

I look at Kale when he move his head. Our eyes met.

"Don't leave Heriotza.." He whispered. His eyes drifted to my lips. "Don't.." He whispered before moving closer.

I saw how he shut his eyes as he place his lips on mine.

I.. I slowly close my eyes like a human as our lips meet each other.

••