B i l a n g XXIII

"Marquis Seza has been arrested taking all the blame." I look at Maquis Sieloi said. "And he can't talk." He said then glance at Heriotza before looking back at me.

"I hope I now have your trust." Count Wilden laugh holding his stomach.

"Who knows." Marquis Sieloi said with a serious face.

"Trust are earn indeed!" Count Wilden said and stand up as he offer his hand to Kale. "I'll gladly work with you." I said. "I'm sure that's the case for others."

"You'll also kill Marquis Seza?" Marquis Sieloi said as he stand up.

"If that's the requirement to gain your help in the future." Wilden stopped laughing as if he realize something.

"I see.. trust isn't want you want." He said then gave a smirk. I nodded with our eyes not breaking the contact. Heriotza moved and just stayed quiet. "You want backing."

"Indeed." I said in a business tone.

"I shall provide you when you need it."

"I appreciate it." I said and turn to Heriotza "When the penalty for Marquis Seza is decided, I'll come and give him to the grim reaper." I said looking back at the disgusting nobles.

What is their difference to me anyway? I'm also disgusting with what I'm doing right now.

Suddenly there's an urge to clean my hands. It's itching.

Everyone nodded as they excused themselves.

"They look pleased." Heriotza sighed. I sit on my chair and wear my eye glasses as I started reading papers again.

"That's the goal." I whispered

"I'll take a bathe on the lake." She said. I looked at her before nodding.

She went out of the office and I can hear her looking for Ourpa.

As soon as Heriotza went out, Imièlda and Amièl went in. Imièlda is holding a tray of tea and she place it to the coffee table as she clean the used ones.

"Gather the knights and don't let them go near the lake." I said to Amièl. He just nodded before turning away.

Imièlda pour a tea on a teacup and offers in to me.

"Your complexion isn't too good." She said.

"I just have too many works."

"No one's rushing you on anything Kale." She said so gentle making me look at her.

"Heriotza is losing her patience already." I said and let go of the paper I'm holding. I look outside the window and see naked Heriotza talking to her chosen maid. I look back at Imièlda, she's just watching me. "When my uncle came the other day, I saw Heriotza running just to get a glimpse of my uncle who looks like my father." I said and massage the bridge of my nose.

"She's just curious. Duke Iñigo was her only human friend after all." I nodded and look at the tea cup.

"You know that I like her." I whispered looking straight in her eyes. Imièlda smiled at me nodding.

"Everyone likes Heriotza." Imièlda said. I look at the tea cup and take it. I saw how my hands started to tremble. The movement of the tea in the teacup is to visible. "Triton!" Before the tea could collapse in my hand, Imièlda take it away from me.

"I'm just tired.." I whispered and wipe my hands.

"You should take a rest then."

"Yes." I said and stand. "Don't inform Heriotza." I said.

I'm scared.

I went passed by Imièlda and went straight to my room but I don't think I'll be able to take a rest.

I just look at the ceiling while lying on my bed.

The weather is nice but I don't feel good. I want to believe that this is just a simple fatigue but I'm sure it's not. Acquiring a doctor might get Heriotza's attention.

I'm scared.. she might abandon me if she see how weak I am. She might look for someone that is convinient for her.

I'm scared to lose her again.

I'm scared to be abandoned again.

Bullets of sweats on my face woke me up. The dark ceiling greeted me as soon as I opened my eyes.

I looked on the side and it's dark. It's probably night time already. How long did I fell asleep.

When I sit on my bed, I stayed there for a long time.

I want to see Heriotza.

I stand up and went out of my room. I saw Imièlda walking upstairs. She smiled at me when she saw me.

"Did you slept well?" She asked. I nodded. "The dinner's ready. I was about to wake you up."

"Where's Heriotza?" As soon as I finished my words, someone appeared behind me.

We both look at Heriotza. She's not smiling or anything and that scared me.

She walk towards us. I never wanted to see those expressions.

I look away when she's besides me.

"We should talk Kale." She said in a very serious manner.

"The young Duke is about to have a dinner." Imièlda said.

"Dinner can wait."

"But the Duke hasn't eaten anything yet." Imièlda respond to her.

"It's fine." I said to Imièlda. "I'll have a supper later."

I look at Heriotza. She's just looking at me so serious.

"Let's go Heriotza."

"You haven't eaten anything since mornin--"

Heriotza started walking first on my office.

"This seem serious." Imièlda tap my shoulder as she also watch Heriotza. "I really deify you patience and understanding when it comes to Heriotza." Imièlda said. I look at Imièlda and smiled.

"Maybe it's natural." I whispered before following Heriotza.

••