B i l a n g XVIII

"I am finally able to see my nephew in a banquet!" The Emperor said laughing. "Am I dreaming?!" He asked his chancellor.

"This is not a dream Your Majesty." I said bowing refusing to make an eye contact.

"Is that so?" He asked. "Then what did my nephew from Iñigo prepared for his Uncle?" He asked.

The hands behind my back is clenching on its own. I don't know what's wrong with the Emperor. I'm sure he was the one who poisoned father and me, and he has the audacity to speak my father's name as if there's no conflict.

"I offer The Emperor a Dragon Claw Sword." I said as my assistant showed the sword to the Emperor.

Is Heriotza doing fine out there? She did not do anything that will bring her harm right?

"It's a unique present I say." He said. I look at him and he's looking at the sword.

I do hold grudges. I loathe the Emperor. They are my enemy since I was born, He is also the one who put curse on me because he was scared that I'll take over the throne since I am the first son of the Simouniès.

"I've personally slain a dragon just to make a sword for His Majesty." I bowed again.

Who knows, that sword might be your end.

"I shall accept this present and cherish it forever since it is my nephew's gift."

How many times did you tried to assassinate me?

I lost counts.

"Then I shall excuse myself. My partner might be feeling lonely--"

"Oh!" The Emperor made a laughed. "I see." He said. "Then you are excuse Duke Simouniès."

I bowed and left the room.

As I walk to the hallway, I saw the Crown Prince with a smile on his face.

Oh God! I just want to see Heriotza already.

I bowed a little showing that I don't want to speak to him since it's a waste of time but he stopped infront of me with his smile on his face.

"I've met my first love dear cousin." He said as he smile.

"I see Your Highness, good for you." I said without showing any emotions.

"She might become the Crown Princess." He look away like he is thinking. "Sadly, I don't know if Heri is a noble birth and qualified to be the next Empress." I stopped. The name sounds familiar.

"Heri?" I asked, wasn't able to stop my self.

"Ah yes! Your tonight's partner." He said.

"Your Higness."

"Is she a noble birth?"

"Do not covet that lady." I said in a serious tone trying to snap him out of his fantasy.

"Why not? I'm the Crown Prince, next line in throne." He said confidently.

I just nodded.

"Suit yourself."

Heriotza hated Royals. Royalties are the root of her sufferings. I'm confident that Heriotza won't like the Crown Prince's idea or him.

Actually, Heriotza hated everyone. Every human being.

"Then if you'll excuse me." I said and turn around without his permission. I walk away and my eyes started to wander looking for Heriotza.

Heri huh?

"T-triton." I look at the small voice who called me as I soon as I step out of the step in the stairs.

"Princess Anisa." I said greeting her. She smiled at me.

"D-do you want to uhm.. dance w-with me?"  Both of her hands are playing with each other.

I also noticed the people around us, watching us.

"I don't want to create any misunderstanding so I refuse, Your Highness." I said. She nodded slowly and look at me straight in the eyes. Her eyes are red and ready to shed tears.

"Is it your tonight's partner?" She asked. "The one you've been waiting for, years ago?" I didn't answer. She nodded like she already knew what's my answer even if I don't answer her. "She's a beauty." She commended.

"I know." I don't know why I whispered.

"But.. I've love you since then T-triton."

I bit my lower lip, my nape suddenly feel itchy.

"I'm sorry." I said. "Excuse me." I said and turn around, started to walk out.

Why would the Princess confess infront of nobles. Doesn't she have any pride left? She already knew I'd reject her since I already rejected her many times before.

My feet tells me something. If Heriotza is not inside the hall, she's probably outside.

And I'm right.

In the center of the garden, she's standing there, looking up at the moon as her eyes shine.

I started walking slowly behind her.

"Heriotza." I called. She didn't flinch, seems like she already know I'm here. "Should we go home?" I asked. She look at me, her arms are cross on her chest, the moon behind her is nothing compared to her beauty, she's gleaming in my eyes.

She smiled at me as her white hair dance with the cold breeze of the wind.

I wasn't able to smile. I just stand there looking at her.

The rumor about her are probably true, that she was father's first love.

"Kale." She called and my heart started to thump faster than usual.

It might be too early to know and I may not know what's truly the meaning behind the word love but I know.. it'll be her.

"You see.." She stopped. "I'm starving." She started to move towards me.

I can hear the sound of the leaves moving because of the wind.

"May I?" She asked as she walk towards me. I didn't move, it's like before. I wasn't able to move.

Go ahead Heriotza, do whatever you want.

I shut my eyes when I felt her breathes on my neck. The pain of her teeth were nothing compare to my heartbeat.

It's throbbing too fast that it's hurting.

When I opened my eyes, Heriotza is already looking at me with a smile on her face.

"Our business is done here." She said and wipe her mouth. "Let's go home Kale."

"Yeah." I whispered.

Heriotza, she's probably love.

••