B i l a n g XXXVIII

I look at the boy, he gave me an awkward look before pretending to be busy with something.

"Can you remove the necklace?" I asked the boy named Mark.

"T-the rosary?" He asked holding the same necklace as mine.

"Y-yes!" The excitement in my tone is refrained.

"T-then.." he stood up. "Pardon me." He said and remove the rosary from my neck.

Parang gumaan ang pakiramdam ko. I breathe but it was for a moment. I suddenly felt sleepy.

"Do you want water saint?" He asked and ready to pour me a water, I shook my head.

I can't be sleeping at this time. I need to get to Kale.

"Let me rest for a second.." I said, my body can't resist the tiredness and relief I felt when the rosary was removed.

"Please do.." He whispered before I fell into deep sleep.

How was I able to sleep while Kale in on rampage?

I sighed. When I open my eyes, it's dark. It's probably midnight.

I lick my lower lip before standing up.

The rosary is on the side table of the bed. I held my neck. It feels like a shackle.

I tried to focus, they said I was in the Cathedral which is located at the center of the city.

I can just teleport to the manor.

I shut my eyes and the moment I opened it, I am standing infront of the familiar huge tree. I can hear the sound of water, the smell of familiar blood is lingering.

"Kale." I called. My eyes widened when the man look at the lake look at me. Deep and dark eye, bearded man with diamond blue eyes look at me. "I-is that you?" I asked.

"You're here.." He whispered and look aways. "Saan ka galing Heriotza?" There's so much emotion with his question.

I suddenly feel shallow on my stomach.

"What happened to you? I heard you burned a manor.. and a town?" I asked.

"Oh--" He stopped trying to supressed a laughter. The moon reflecting his blue eyes made the swollen tears be visible. "That's what you heard? From where? Or were you watching me? Are enjoying me suffer looking and waiting for you everyday?!" A tear fell. He shook his head before turning his back on me. "You're the one that was gone but I was the one who's lost."

Something on my chest ache.

"I am sorry.. Kale." I whispered accepting my defeat.

"I really thought you weren't coming back.. that you left for good." He look at me with his tears filled face. "Did I do something wrong or did you found someone better?"

I took a step forward, he didn't move.

"For how long was I gone?" The scary question finally left my mouth.

"You were gone for more than a month Heriotza." I shut my eyes tight.

"I was?" I laugh a little. "Oh my.. this little boy!" Relief is visible on my voice. "I was gone for more than a month and look at you--"

"A mess." He said, now anger is filled in his tone. "I am a mess without Heriotza." He look at me straight in the eyes. "Should I put shackles on you?" I unintentionally took a step back.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Shackles." He andwered. "So you will stay.. forever in my arms."

"N-no!" I said. He held a strand on my hair before putting it in his face. His teared eyes look at me.

"Disappear once again and you'll see what kind of shackles I will put on you Heriotza." He said straight looking in my eyes.

I just remember to take a breath when he started walking away..

When..

When did that diamond blue eye scared me?

"Kale!" Tawag ko nang nakabawi ako. He stopped walking and look at me. "Are you not going to ask me if I'm okay or kung saan manlang ako nanggaling?" I asked.

He sighed.

The cloud probably moved, giving his face lights from the moon. He didn't give me any reaction.

"I was too selfish and excited to ask you that. I apologize Heriotza.." He said. "Let's talk tomorrow.." He said not looking back at me. "If you're hungry.. tomorrow." He whispered.

I look at him confused.

"I'm hungry!" I said

"Tomorrow!" He yelled back as he is far.

I sighed.

It's good to be back and surely, I need to catch up.

I look back at the lake.

I bit my lower lip before removing my clothes.

I need to clean my body.

The cathedral is a dirty place.

••