B i l a n g V

I was about to go to the lake when I heard shouts from Kale's rooms so I went there.

"I told you I don't want to eat!" He shouted pushing away the servant who has tray of food with her hands.

"Young master you need to eat to get well." The maid tried to get near the boy. I leaned on the door and watch them.

"I said I don't want too. Get out of here!" My eyes wander through his room and see that there's a lot of canvas on the other side. When I look at the canvas that is set near the window I smiled.

The girl on the painting has white long hair almost reaching her knees. She has golden brown horn and wearing a long white dress in the field of roses which is the same color with her eyes.

"Wow!" I whispered and walk to the painting.

When Kale noticed me, he stood up. He took away the canvas and place it with the others. I look down on him. He's wearing a loose shirt, maybe to make him comfortable?

"Who is that?" I asked referring to the portrait. I look at the maid who has a tray, when our eyes met she look away. "Why won't you eat?" I asked and walk to the maid then took the tray.

"I don't like to, and don't try to feed me." He said then get back to his bed. He tucked himself. I smiled.

"Get out." I said then took away the tray to the maid.

"B-but m-miss."

"I'll feed him. Shoo!" I said then walk to the boy with tray on my hand. I heard the door closed.

"Don't even try." He said then turn his back on me.

"Alright." I said then walk to his couch. "I can't eat human food but since it'll be a waste, I'll eat it." I said while looking at the breakfast set for sick kids. Disgusting. I heard his bed clang, means he moved.

I smiled at him before putting the food on my mouth. It freaking tasted like dust. I want to vomit already.

I smiled at him. He just watch me for a minute before I felt my stomach turning around.

I close my eyes and puke the disgusting food. I almost shed tears.

"F-fuck." I said.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I didn't notice him, he's tapping my back. I'll be laughing right now but I don't feel well because of the human food I just took. Damn, I can't even feel his small hand on my back. "Somebody out there?!" He shouted.

I smiled at him.

"I see, you care for me." I said. The servants came in looking all shock, Imièlda also came. I smiled at her before puking again.

"D-don't eat my food again." The sick boy said in a low tone.

"Then who's gonna eat them?" I asked.

It took him long before answering.

"I-i will." He said. I smiled.

"Promise?" I even offer him my pinky finger but he just look at it, he doesn't know what to do! I laughed. "When you make promises you lock your pinky fingers." I said while doing it to our pinky. "There." I said.

"Promises are meant to be broken, anyway." He said then turn his back on me to go back to his bed.

"So you will break your promise with me?" I asked pouting. He look away.

"I-i wont." Sabi nya, labas sa ilong. I smiled.

"Alright." I stood up feeling dizzy. "Bring him his food and feed him. I'll clean myself." I said to the servants.

"You're going?" Kale asked.

"I feel sick." I said then walk away. I smiled at Imièlda before leaving but she followed me.

"Why did you do that?" She asked. Before I could answer I ran to the kitchen's sink to puke again.

What a stupid idea just to feed a human. I must be crazy, why did I do that?

It's like I just sacrifice for a mere human.

Pathetic.

"You shouldn't do that." She said.

I look at her with a smile on my face.

"I can't let the kid die." I said then took out a knife. She looks scared so I smiled again. "You have a kid?" I asked then check the knife sharpness with my finger.

"Y-yes, a boy." She looks shock with my random question.

Am I that surprising?

She's always giving me that shock look in her eyes, kung hindi naman, galit ang pinapakita nya sa akin pero mapapalitan din ng gulat. Amusing.

"How old is your son?" I asked.

"Same age with you." I burst into laugher, there she is again looking all surprise.

"Do you know how old I am?" I asked.

"You look 16, lady Heriotza." She said.

"Heriotza with no Lady, I'm no human and.." I took her hand and place the knife on it. "I'm a thousand year old." I said then turn the knife into a sword. She slmost drop it because it's heavy, fortunately I'm holding her hand. "Gift this to your son, your family's oath is to protect this Dukedom anyways. Use this to protect your young master." I said then smile.

"What are you?"

"That's one I don't how to answer." Or what is the answer.

••