B i l a n g XXXVII

I woke up feeling dizzy. As soon as I open my eyes, two familiar boys greeted me.

They both look at each other when they saw me awake.

One left the small room. It's unfamiliar room with unfamiliar feeling.

I feel tired.

It's like I lost my energy.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice is too weak that it came out like a whisper.

"Saint." The boy who was left with me said. His eyes where even shining as he look at me.

I wanted to choke his neck, I want to pull out his tongue for not answering my question but I feel so weak without knowing the reason.

"Did you poiso--" I didn't finish my sentence when the door harshly open.

An old man wearing black clothes entered the room. He's wearing the cross necklace on his neck like what the boys are using.

"U-ugh!" I feel like my head is getting crush as soon as the old man tried to approach me.

The pain is unbearable, if I am a human.

"Who are you?" I asked in alert.

"I'm Nathan, Father Nathan." He said with so much hope. Bunch of people are besides him, all wearing white.

He walks toward me.

"I have to go." I said and tried to stand up but I failed.

"Help the saint!" Nathan commanded. The two boys who found me tried to grab my hands.

"Don't touch me.." I wanted to yell but I feel tired and lost of energy. "Just tell me where I am." I said. I need to know my location so I can teleport back to Kale.

But that thing might be impossible because I feel so tired.

"You're in the Cathedral, Saint." Nathan calmly said. He's so compose and he's obviously observing. "I heard you healed a goat in just seconds.." He started. "Is that for real?" He glanced at the two boys.

"No--" I was cut off.

"We are for sure!"

"Nanghuhuli kami ng kambing, napana ni Mark, nagpanic. We followed the goat."

"Nung nakita namin, lumapit iyong kambing sa kanya!"

"Tapos pinagaling niya, umiilaw pa nga silang dalawa!"

"I am not talking to the two of you." Mariing saad ni Nathan, he look at me. "I've seen the goat and the arrow full of blood. The goat has no wound." He said. "Did you do that?" He asked.

I shook my head lying and was about to speak when I felt like something when through my head. It was fast, I flinched.

"You lied." Now he's looking at me again with eyes full of hope. "We're not here to hurt you, we are on the same side.. Saint."

What the hell is he bluffing?

I need to go to Kale, he must be looking for me.

I tried standing up again, I successfully stand up this time but I can still feel the tiredness and lack of energy.

I just stand there. I look at the people quietly observing me. They are all old people, only these two who got me are the young ones.

"Let me go. I have no business with you people." It's like my words are invisible.

"You've slept for a week." My eyes widened.. "It's probably the God who woke you up."

If I slept for a week, Kale must be worried.

I took a step, they moved away.

"I'm leaving." I said in firm.

"May we know what family you came from?"

"Move." I said eye to eye to Nathan.

"You must be shock." He smiled. "You woke up and suddenly you're Saint."

"Leave me alone, I'm not a saint."

"You're heaven sen--"

"Oh fucking bullshit? Leave me alone!" I gathered all my energy. I saw how shock the people reacted. Some even made hand gestures, pointing forehead, shoulders and stomach. "Not because I healed a goat means your God sent me!"  I fell on the bed.

"Those words.."

"A saint will never speak like that.."

"It must be shock.."

"She must be scared.."

"She looks weak.."

I can hear their whispers.

I glare at anyone who made eye contact with me.

I heard Nathan sighed.

"So you admit that you have healing ability?"

There's no way to talk with Nathan. Ipipilit at ipipilit niyang Saint ako.

"I'm going to rest." I need to have a plan.

I lack energy, too much that I can't even walk. I can't even speak with my tone.

"We'll bring you dinner." Nathan said. Everyone left, but Nathan and the two boys remain.

I glare at Nathan

"Can I have your name?" Something in Nathan's voice makes me answer him.

"Heriotza."

"What a beautiful name for a Saint." He said and smile. I rolled my eyes. This old man is getting on my nerves. "The people needs you. You need to rest Saint." He was about to add another words when someone spoke on the door.

"Father! The Ramos manor is on fire!" Nathan sighed like he expected it. "And the fiesta had a commotion, arson and mass murder is happening at the same time." Nathan's eyes widened.

"There are many innocent people in the fiesta! What is happening?!" He asked in disbelief. "We need to pray!"

"The instigator is yet again the Duke of Simouniès.." He said. Nathan sighed again like he expected it. "He's been at it for about a week now.." The guy whispers.

"What's the reason? Has the Emperor made any movement?" Nathan asked.

The eagerness to go to Kale and ask him his reasons is filling me up.

I don't know if it's true or they are purposely talking about this infront of me because they know I'm with Kale and they want something from him.

But them talking like that about Kale, I know he's capable.

I bit my lower lip.

What's happening?

"The Emperor tried to restrain the Duke, but.." He paused. "I don't know why he's still able to commit crimes."

Did something happen between Kale and the Emperor?"

I need answer now!

Nathan look at me. "Please rest, I have urgent matter to attend." He said before walking. "Gather the priests and pray for the safety of people." I heard him said. "Do you happen to know the reason of the Duke?"

I have the same question with Nathan.

Kale is putting himself in danger. Did he plan to start the coup already?

Without me?

Kale..

••