B i l a n g XXV

I removed my eyeglasses and massage the bridge of my nose. I look at the tea infront of me. The liquid is not moving, it's reflecting my worried face.

I sighed before looking away.

I am getting ready to meet a guest. Grand Duke Chièste.

I was tapping my fingers through the desk when the Grand Duke was announce.

I stood up to greet him and his companion. I look at his companion, the aid.

I've already talk to Ourpa about this. She was trembling and in so much fear but what she's more scared of is getting fired. I don't want any servant of mine to fear things when they are the actual victim.

"Why are you so furious Kale?" I look at her smiling at me. She's smiling but she doesn't look happy or anything.

How can you smile without showing any emotions in your face?

I look away before I could get suck in.. again, like always.

"Don't be mad at Amièl, it's not his fault that your horse is sick." She walk infront of me and chuckle. "Wag mong isisi kay Amiel ang inis mo kung may sakit ang kabayo mo dahil hindi sya ang may gawa noon." She tap my shoulder. "Blames are for the guilty, fortunately, no one is guilty for today's event." She turn her back on me and help the horse infront of us. "Does it hurt?" She whispered to the horse. The wind blew her hair. I look again at Amiel, he's watching me. I look away. "You might scare the horse and Amiel if you point your anger at them even when they are innocent." She chuckled. "Amiel will stay with you forever, don't wrong him." She whispered but it didn't escape my ears.

That piece of advice was just one of the things that happen everytime Heriotza and I will spar with Amiel.

I tighten my jaw. I can't believe I'll hear her voice at moment like this.

I smile a little when the Duke Chièste greeted me.

"It's good to see my nephew again!" He said as he sit on the sofa infront of my desk. I walk towards him. "You can go outside Piģi." He said referring to his aid but I stopped him.

"Your aid can stay, I also have a business with him." I saif formally as I sit infront of Duke Chièste. The aid looks curious why did I make him stay while trying to sit besides the Duke. I smiled at him and he look away. I look back at the Duke. The servants entered the office for the beverage and snacks.

"I don't see your beautiful servant today." Duke Chièste chuckle and he got my attention. "The one with the silver white long hair." He look up like he's imagining stuffs. I clenched my fist on my lap. "I was wondering why my nephew isn't going out to meet the Princess and why did my nephew broke up the engagment between them--but who would want to go out if you have a servant that prett--"

"That's irrelevant." My voice was too obvious. He smirk when he knows I'm annoyed.

"My bad." He said and leaned on the sofa. "I really like it here, It's not cold or hot. The weather is fine."

"Sometimes it's too cold here." I said.

I look at the tea of the aid and waiting for him to make a mistake. When I notice that he's looking at me, I plainly look at his eyes and anticipataed his mistake, and it came.

The tea drip on his pants.

"I-i--" He didn't speak.

"Looks like your aid made a mistake." I smiled and sit comfortably on my sofa as I look at the two of them.

Looks like my Uncle knew what I want.

I smiled at the aid.

"How long has he been working for you Uncle?" I asked. "Pìģi right?"

Duke Chièste cough before moving.

"He's started working at me when I was at your age."

"Hmm." I said and played with the coin on my hand. "He's been working for you for a long time then.. but he's making mistakes now." I paused and look at the aid. He paused too like he realized something. "He must be tired and reject." Duke Chièste and his aid was caught off guard with what I said.

I placed the coin infront of Duke Chièste.

"Uncle, I want to buy your aid." I said. Duke Chièste crack a laugh but shock is still evident.

"Human trafficking is a crime." He said and look at the coin infront of him.

"When did you care about law Duke Chièste?" I look at the aid. "I know you know he's not a human." I smirk.

"G-grand Duke!" The aid started to kneel and plead for his life.

"Guess he got on your nerves when we came here yesterday." Duke Chièste said. "You can have him." He took the coin and showed it infront of me. "25 cents." He said and stand up. "I'd like to stay for longer but.." Duke Chièste look at me. "You ruined the mood nephew." He said before turning around. The aid pleaded at he crawl to the feet of the Grand Duke.

"I won't see you out Uncle." I whispered looking down at the aid. "You should've padlock your zipper Mr. Piģi."

I said. The door opened and Amiel entered. He knows what he should do. He grab the aid. I walk towards them.

"I-i didn't do anything Your Grace!" He tried to kneel infront of me but Amiel is stronger. "Please, I have a family to raise!"

"Bring him to the basement and shower him with boiling water.. he should bear with it until Heriotza's awake."

I have nothing to say to him. I only want Heriotza's satisfaction, but disrespecting my people.. this should be enough punishment. Heriotza will handle the rest.

••