B i l a n g XLI

I look at Iñigo's epitaph.

"What are doing here Heriotza? Visiting an old friend?" I ignore the voice in my head. That one familiar voice that's been bothering me.

"The last time I visited you, I encountered some trouble." I remove the dust on the epitaph with the flower I'm holding. "Imiélda said that when visiting a grave, a flower is a must." I whispered. "I came here to inform you that I've accepted your son's feelings. You may think it's unfair.." I laugh a little. "But your son is stubborn and I'm curious on what's happening in my body and I'm sure your son is one of the factor." I look at the moon. "Don't be mad, I'm not just using your son to fulfill my curiousity. I will take responsibility, I'm not human." I said proudly.

I don't know when did I started to visit Iñigo and talk to him like a human.

I look back at the grave.

"Only Kale.." I whispered.

I turn around and ready to leave when an old human standing infront me called my name.

"H-heri??" She's holding a tungkod, probably can't stand because of the old age. Her face is full of wrinkles and hair hair is gray with little visibility of blonde. "H-how come you don't age?" The knight besides her is alerted.

"Who are you?" In the middle of my sentence, swords are already pointing at my neck.

"Bow to Her Majesty!" They commanded but I just stood there.

"Let her be." She said.

A royal blood? I'm not directly connected to a royal blood except Iñigo.

"You're probably Heriotza's relative.." She whispered. "How's Heriotza?" She asked me.

"I'm Heriotza." I said. She laugh.

"Right, right. How can I ever forget that arrogant tone!" She looks like she's missing something with her expressive eyes. "I can forget everything but not this woman." She said and walk towards me. "Trying to act lowly with her arrogant tone.. it's true maybe.. Heri is immortal."

Heri.. Heri.

Who calls me Heri besides Jioseffé?

There's one. The hypocrite lady of one household I served once for study.

Human study.

"You look old my lady.." I whispered. "You did really marry a Royalty.." I said, her eyes shine.

"Yes, yes.." A tear fell from her eyes. "I should've followed you then."

"I never let you."

"You should've saved me."

With her words I'm suddenly back to those time..

A prime lady, daughter of a Marquis.

Lady Ishaana.

I learnt a lot from their household. She has a father who has a multiple lovers, but he is married to a noble lady. If he's married he should stay loyal, that is the rule of their God, but that man think shighly of himself and had multiple lovers. The wife is ignorant-- no, she was aware but she didn't bother to appeal. The disgusting part is that she's also aware of the abuse towards their daughter Ishaana but she stayed quiet.

Ishaana's life inside their mansion was horrible but she will always have a tea time with me with a bright smile on her face.

Hypocrite.

That's a lot of things I learned from one human household.

"I thought you would kill yourself then." I said. She just smiled at me.

Disgusting.

"How could I, I promise I will see you again."

I disappeared after her goodbye. That household disgust me, how can I stay?

If only their household is like Simouniès Manor.

"What mahika did you use for you not to age?"

"I'm just like this." I said and look at her. She really did grow old. Even holding a tungkod to support her. "I'm leaving."

"Will I see you again?" She asked.

"No.." I said and turn away.

"Remember my request?" She asked..

I stop.

I look at Ishaana's face full of bruise. Her hair is wet because of the hot tea that is poured to her by her father's lover. The black under her eye is probably cause by her father.

I look at the lady of the house. She's looking at her daughter with no expression before going upstairs.

I clenched my fist.

My mother never turned her back on me.. how can a mother act like that when her daughter is in need of help?

"Let's go to your room Lady Ishaana." I said and tried to held her stand up. It was hard for us to go to her room at the second floor, especially for her who's full of bruise.

I helped her sit on her bed. I'm the only one who's taking care of her.

Pitiful human, if I were her, I will harm everyone. But I bet she'll just smile and let the abuse happen again.. simply because she's hypocrite. She probably think her father and mother will change.

"Does is hurt?" I tap her wounded lips. She just nodded. Moments of silence. I'm trying to heal her wounds a little without her knowing.

"Father wanted me to marry his old colleague." A tear fell from her eyes. " Heri look at me.. look at me!" She cried. "I'm barely 16.. 16!" She cried in so much pain.

Being a human must be painful.

"Should I kill them?" I asked. She just look at me.

"How can I wish that? They are my family." I tried my best not to laugh at her. Look at her, foolish human. "Instead.." He held my hand tightly. "If the abuse happen again to the point I-i can't speak.." She took a long breathe before speaking. "Can you be the one who end my suffering?"

"Why?" I asked.

"I know my parents is too much and I don't want to give them the privilege to take my life." She said. "S-should we run away?" She asked and smile. "Like what I suggested before. Us two in the deep forest?" She sounds hopeful.

"I rather do the first one than the latter."

"That day.. why didn't you save me Heri?" She asked. Tears fell from her eyes, nonstop. "You're the only hope I saw then.."

"It looks like you live a good life Lady Ishaana.. what's with regrets?" I asked.

"Bacause I really hope that you will save me because you're different."

I have no responsibility..

"I should go." I said. "You're being sentimental." I said and walk as fast before finding a good place to use teleportation.

Humans just grow but never change.

••