B i l a n g LIV

"Marry?" I asked. He nodded.

"Uh-huh." He's not looking at me, he's looking at my hand that he's playing. "If you marry me, we'll be bound together until our last breathes." I smiled a little. That sounds nice, but do we need that?

We're already bound together, even after life. I swear our last breathes won't tear us apart.

"You will become Mrs. Simouniés." I wrinkled my forehead.

"Why would I want a human title?" I asked but the sound of Kale's suggestion kinda tickles me.

"I know you would say that." He leaned on my neck. I can feel his breathing. "To tell you the truth, marriage is your shackle from me Heriotza." I can feel his lips moving on my neck while he talk.

I can also feel the heat going to my face.

"You know, you won't be an Empress if you're not my wife." He added. "I want to marry you first for you to secure your seat besides me." I tilt my head unwillingly to give him access.

"But if you don't like that idea of marriage as you shackle, I can give you another option, although marriage is still the end point of that."

"What is your other option?" I asked even thought the idea of marriage with Kale already excites me, not minding that it is my shackle.

His hand landed on my stomach.

"Child." I wrinkle my forehead. "Bearing the child of the Emperor leads you to marrying the Emperor." He said.

"It's not a choice Kale!" I smack him. "It's just different route."

"Wow you're so smart mi love." He snickered.

A child, with Kale? A human child?

Me bearing a human child?

It doesn't sound as bad as I thought especially with the thought of Kale being the father of it.

If I were to bear a child, I want his hair to be blue as Kale's mother, bright dimond eyes like Kale's, also, Kale's intellegent. The child can have those feature and it can have my face..

The child would be perfect then.

I shook my head.

"Tell me about marriage." I said.

"Hmm." It tickles. "Marriage means.." He paused as I feel something cold on my finger. On my ring finger, there's ring, ruby if I'm not mistaken. "If we were to marry, there will be another ring here that will match mine. I oath to wear it everyday without a miss, so do you."

"And?" I asked and pulled away. We're now looking at each other's eyes.

"You will live a happy life with me." He whispered while looking straight in my eyes. "Without fear of anything."

Fear? Me?

I tilt my head.

"Will you call me mi love if I marry you?" He chuckle a little.

"Ofcourse mi love." I smiled. My heart--the heart that I created only for Kale ached.

He's really trying his best on convincing me.

"Do you love me?" I asked feeling the pain and thump in my chest.

"I love you.. too much." He hugged me so tight.. "How about you Heriotza, do you love me?" He asked in a soft tone.

"I created a heart for you." I whispered and pull away. "Only for Kale."

He smiled at me.

"Then will you marry me?" He asked.

I laughed a little.

"You already placed a ring on my finger, why are you asking?" I asked.

"I want an answer Heriotza." He commanded.

"Hmm." I teased. "Alright!" I giggled.

"Let's get married as soon as possible, tomorrow." He whispered. "I'll call the church people to prepare for us, do you want a grand wedding gown or we can just buy pre-made since we're in a rush? I'm sure whatever you wear will suit you." Kale said as if he's been planning these things before asking me to marry him.

"Church?" I asked not letting it go. Kale doesn't know what the church did to me yet.

"Why?" He asked. I shook my head. "Church is the representative of God from above, they bless couples with divine so their marriage will be protected with spirit as it is one of the Sacrament of God." Kale explained.

I know God, I did my research.

"Is there other way we can get married without involving the church?" I asked, annoyance is visible on my tone which Kale pick up fast.

"They did something to you." He whispered, his grip on me tighten.

"I haven't told you yet but once I become the Empress, my first project is to eliminate the church." I said.

"What have they done Heriotza?"

I look at Kale, I don't know how to answer since I also don't know what happened there..

"In the church, I was weak." I hate to admit it. "It's like they're drying me out, my energy, I hated the necklace they put on me."

"Rosary?" Kale asked. "I will ban the use of Rosary in this Empire and burn down all the church down to small chapels." Kale firmly said. "Would you want that?" He asked, his tone change. I smiled at him and nodded.

It was my plan, how come we think alike?

"Then how will we get marry?" I asked.

"Well, I can send a letter to Duke Chiéste now so he can come tomorrow night to bless our marriage." Kale explain. "He's the most capable to bless our marriage as he has the highest noble title."

"Ugh, I don't like that old man!" I said remembering what his man did to Ourpa and he's also part of the Royal family. He should be dead by now, I put him at my mercy because unlike the Duchy of Simouniés which only monopolizes a small town near the capital, Chiéste's Duchy is the whole North. I spare him for Kale's people. It will be hard to find his replacement, and he did also contributed to the coup. "Is there no other choice?" I asked.

"It's the only choice left." He said.

"I understand." I just said.

I maybe really want to marry Kale. All the exception I'm doing only for Kale.

I smiled at him.

If all the suffering from the past has its prize, it's probably meeting Kale.

Saving Kale was the best decision I've ever made..

I look at the moon. The moon is there, from watching me suffer and now, watching me enjoy the night with my Kale.

"Look, is that the moon?" I asked. Kale looked up.

"Beautiful." He whispered, when I look at him, he's looking at me.

"Indeed." I gave Kale a forehead kiss. "Although it's nothing compare to you mi love."

Our lips met. It was slow and passionate kiss as if we have all the time in the world.

Kale slowly pulled away to take a breathe but came back to my lips soon enough.

His hand on my waist and the other on the back of my head guiding me.

"So beautiful." He whispered before lifting me without breaking the kiss.

••