B i l a n g VIII

I felt the urge to open my eyes, I did. I look around the room and it's clean as usual. No dust or whatever. The sun is shining brightly through the window curtains. I feel much better but I don't think I can make any miracle at this rate.

I took a deep breathe and walk outside. When I came to the second floor, servants we're mopping the floor. They all look at me like I'm some sort of a ghost.

"Imièlda?" I asked a young maid but she just look at me with a question mark written on her face. It's almost irritating. I walked passed by her and went to the kitchen. There, I saw busy servants. They all stop what they're doing and look at me. "Where's Imièlda?" I don't know but I heard them sighed in relief.

"Akala ko multo."

"Totoo nga yung chismis na may magandang dalaga sa mansion ng mga Simouniès."

I was about to asked again when Imièlda with almost half of her hair is white-gray came from nowhere.

"Wow, you're still alive!" I said then ran to her. I cling on her hands and pull her out of the kitchen.

"You look much better Miss--"

"Heriotza." I said reminding her again. "I see you took care of the manor well. So how long was I asleep?" I asked.

"You slept for two years." She said formally.

"That short?" I pouted. I sat on the living room's couch. "What's going on, why's everyone seems busy?" I look around, a lot of servants were cleaning and the kitchen seems pretty busy too.

"The young Duke's fiancèe will visit." My eyes widened.

"That sick boy got a fiancèe?" I asked, disappointment was evident in my tone. Imièlda coughed, almost like warning me but I got no idea why is she doing that. "He can't get married!" I yelled.

Does he love his fiancèe?

Marriage is a sacred thing. You're suppose to marry someone you love. That's the nature of humans. The sick boy has someone he love?

"T-that's not for us to decide." She said and look away like she want to say more.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Why d-don't you meet him a-and tell him what's on your mind?" She asked looking away. I see Imièlda doesn't also like the idea. "Sayo lang naman siya makikinig." I bit my lower lip and think.

The last time I saw him was seven years ago. And I haven't ate for that long, the last time I met him was..

I look away. I don't know but I felt anxious somehow.

I was actually craving for that sick kid's blood back then, that's why I told him not to see me. And how can I suck up on a sick kid's blood?

My goodness.

"A-are you okay?" Imièlda held my face. "You look pale!" She said formally with concern.

"I'm fine." I smiled and stood up. "Prepare me a dress. I'll clean myself in the lake." I wink at her before turning around.

"Shall I inform the young Duke for your audience?" I shook my head.

"No need, I won't meet him until I feel better." I said then walk away.

Now I'm curious about that kid's fiancèe. Is she a royal blood?

Eh, those Princesses are probably his cousins.

I float for like an hour before I heard something. The sun heat is hitting my face, it feels good.

"U-um, L-lady this is y-your dress." I heard a small voice from behind. "Are you n-not drowning?" I was trying to stop my laughter so I lost focus and fell on the water. I heard her shout. I smiled as I walk towards her. Her eyes widened as she saw my body. "P-pardon me." She said then turn around. I was smiling while drying my self until I wore same dress like before but getting more detailed than usual. I'm liking it. Simple and clean.

"You humor me." I said then walk passed by her. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Y-yes, uh-- O-ourpa." She said. We were walking on the garden of red roses when I saw a lady with her beautiful grand dress. She looks like she 15 years old. She gracefully walk through the entrance with a maid behind her. Her brown silky hair is straight and shiny.

"Who's that?" I asked Ourpa.

"She's umm--the Duke's soon to be fiancèe." I nodded.

"Is the Duke in the manor at the moment?" I asked.

"T-the young Duke doesn't leave this manor since I came to work here Miss, it's been like two years." I look at her.

Really?

That kid should be socializing since he's not that sick anymore, right?

I throw away the mug with blood that I drank.

This is totally a Royal Blood from Iñigo's young relative but I can't seem to drink it.

At that moment I realized that I'm totally doomed, craving for that sick kid's blood.

I sighed before telling Imièlda that I'll go to sleep again and I'd like to see Ourpa when I woke up again.

I look at the moon behind me.

"I still fucking hate you."

••