Chapter 18

Percy's P.o.v.

As Will Solace rushed passed me to kneel by Jenna's side, I took off after the figure darting through the trees. He'd had a head start, but I was the Hero of Olympus. Nobody could defeat me.

'Cocky much'

I could almost here Piper's taunting remark in my head.

I pushed myself faster, leaping over a stray rock.That sea-hater had increased the distance between us.

Suddenly, a blond blur rushed past me.

Annabeth Chase.

Oh HADES no!

I ran faster, matching her stride. "What are you doing!"

"What you seem to be incapable of doing. Taking care of this camp!" She snapped, flipping me the bird and sprinting ahead.

The figure we were chasing turned around and threw a little jar of something at us. We both dodged as it exploded, leaving a large crater in the forest floor.

"What do you mean I don't take care of this camp?!" I cried, catching up to her.

"I mean, if I were camp leader, I would have already caught the person behind the bombing." She snapped, "You and Piper aren't smart enough to."

"Excuse me? EXCUSE ME!"

"You're far from excused Percy Jackson." She rolled her eyes. "Don't even try and sass me."

"Did you teach teach a class full of hopeless students to become warriors? Did you launch an attack on an insane demigod to rescue your BFFL? Did you win a game of capture the flag against seductive goddess, with a really stupid plan? I don't think so!"

We had gained on the brown haired terrorist, and I pulled out RipTide. Annabeth gave me a shocked look.

"Did you even think this through before you started chasing him? You can't get close enough to use a sword idiot!"

"Wanna bet?"

With a burst of speed, I leaped for the fleeing demigod, raising RipTide over my head to strike.

Suddenly, I was tackled out of the air by a tall blond man. "Oh no you don't, you little-"

"JASON!! WRONG GUY!!" Annabeth screamed.

"You sure?" Jason called back, "I don't really like this one either!"

Growling, I shoved the idiot off of me in time to see the brown haired kid turn a corner and vanish out of sight.

"JASON GRACE!" I yelled in fury.

"Percy! You ruined our plan!" Annabeth shrieked walking up and giving me an angry kick to the side.

"Your plan? Your stupid boyfriend let him get away!"

"Hey!"

"If you hadn't chased after him, we would've had him by now!"

"If you hadn't chased after him, he wouldn't have gotten away!"

"He wouldn't have gotten away if you hadn't gotten in the way of our plan."

"How was I supposed to know you had a plan?"

"We dated for years, Percy, I should think you'd know me better!"

"I guess I never knew you, because the Annabeth I knew would've told me she had a plan. The Annabth I knew wouldn't CHEAT on me!"

"HEY GUYS!!"

My head whipped up, and I met a pair of beautiful kaleidoscope eyes.

"If you'd stop arguing for 2 seconds, you'd have noticed that I already caught the guy!" Piper snapped, producing an apple out of nowhere and taking an angry bite.  The guy we'd been chasing was unconscious on the ground by her feet, snoring loudly.

Piper rolled her eyes. "Idiots."