Chapter 23

Percy's P.o.V.

"So, let me get this straight. This guy named Ace is some sort of cult leader, and forces his minions to eat cow dung? Also, he likes to blow up demigod for no apparent reason?"

"Correct. He is also an onion, apparently." Piper replied, tying on the flowery apron I'd thrown her.

As she filled me in, Piper was helping spring clean the big house, as a celebration of the weather finally turning warm again.

"Wait, a literal onion?"

"Yes Percy. A literal onion." Piper rolled her kaleidoscope eyes, turning to scrub the window.

I turned back to my window muttering an insult to onions. Onions are so depressing, they make even the happiest person cry!

Suddenly, there was an enormous boom.

"Not again!!" Piper cried, throwing down her window scrubby, and racing to the door. I threw down my own window scrubby and followed.

The Poseiden cabin was smoking, it's roof on fire.

"They blew up my cabin!" I yelled. "THEY BLEW UP MY CABIN!! THIS MEANS WAR PIPER, THIS MEANS WAR!"

"Calm down Percy!" Piper yelped.

"I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! THEY BLEW UP MY CABIN!" Raising an arm, I doused the burning building with water from the canoe lake.

All of the sudden, Leo barreled onto the scene, waving his arms wildly. "Percy! There's an intruder trying to escape! Go Power Rangers! Go!"

He did a slight double take as he saw us. "Why are my Power Rangers wearing flowery aprons?"

"Spring cleaning!" I yelled as I took off into the woods, Piper close behind.

"I get Pipers, but why are you wearing one Percy?"

I ignored him.

It wasn't hard to spot the intruder that Leo was talking about, due to the fact that he was covered in florescent orange paint.

The Orange Boy stood no chance against us, and I tackled him, only to find that he was Connor Stoll, not the intruder. "Percy! What are you doing?! I'm not the intruder! She is!"

A tall skinny dark haired girl was quickly climbing a tree. She had a large bow strapped to her back, and turned to take aim at us as soon as she reached a sturdy branch. Conner and I rolled out of the way to avoid her onslaught of arrows.

Her sharp features contorted into a glare, and she leaped off into the trees, swinging from branch to beach like a chimpanzee. I jumped off Conner and tore after her, on foot.

Piper was about two-hundred feet in front of me, yelling at the girl to stop. About then, a plan started to calculate in my mind.

"Piper!" I called. She turned and jogged back to me, her breathing slightly labored. "If we make her think she's sits us, she'll lead us right back to this Ace."

And so we did...