Prolougue

Percy's P.O.V.

"Hey Piper?" I called as she was about to leave the mess hall.

"Yeah Percy?" She asked walking over.

"Annabeth and my anniversary is coming up, and..." I trailed off.

"You need to get her a gift. But you don't know what would be romantic or good enough to show your love for her." Piper finished for me, grinning.

"Yeah," I muttered.

"Well, what are you just standing there for. To the mall!" She exclaimed and dragged me out if the mess hall.

-------------------------At the mall-------------------------------------------

"Oh, I know, you could get her a promise ring!" Piper exclaimed. I grinned, why hadn't I thought of that?

I dragged Piper excitedly into the nearest jewelry shop, and we browsed around.

"How about you engrave one that says something like 'I'll always be your seaweed brain.'" Piper suggested.

"Good idea!" I said, and walked up to the counter.

20 minutes later, Piper and I were on our way back to Camp Half-Blood, the ring in a red velvet box. We were talking and laughing, at least until we got back inside the borders.

"Hey Conner, have you seen Annabeth?" I asked him as we walked past.

"Yeah, she was going to the stables. I think Jason is down there too." He aimed this at Piper who nodded her thanks. Together, we sauntered towards the stables. I couldn't wait to give this to Annabeth. As we neared, I heard... Was that moaning? Pushing open the door, I saw something that shattered my heart.

Annabeth was in a full make out session with none other than Jason Grace. Piper peered over my shoulder, and gasped. This little sound made them turn towards us.

"This isn't what it looks like." Annabeth tried to protest, but I was already running, Piper on my tail. We ran straight out of camp, and into the mortal world. Once we made it far enough away, we stopped. Piper started sobbing.

I pulled her into a tight embrace, while tears leaked out of my own eyes.

Suddenly,a bright flash went off next to us. I looked over, and saw Hermes and Apollo.

"Percy Jackson and Piper McLean, come with us." Apollo said, giving us both sympathetic looks.

Without waiting for an answer the gods teleported us to Mt. Olympus, where the Olympian council sat grandly on their thrones.

Aphrodite was sobbing on her throne.

"Percabeth and Jiper. Gone." She cried. I felt tears stinging at my eyes too.

Zeus sighed. "Percy Jackson and Piper McLean. The council and I have decided to give the two of you a new chance at life."

"Percabeth." Aphrodite wailed.

"We want the two of you to become minor gods." Zeus said, and shuddered. I froze.

"I don-" I started, but my dad cut me off.

"Please Percy." He asked, giving me the puppy eyes.

I looked down at Piper, who was still clinging to my waist like a child. She nodded through her silent tears.

"We accept."