Chapter 4

Percy's P.O.V.

Piper was going down. She may have the Ares cabin on her side, but we had the Hephaestus Cabin, and Leo on ours.

"So that's your plan?" Leo asked incredulously. "That's never going to work!"

"It'll work." I replied. "I know Piper, and right now, she's placing her team into our traps."

"If you say so. You have won two wars." Leo sighed. "Yo Hephaestus Cabin, let's move out."

The Hephaestus campers ran into the woods.

"Hermes Cabin, you know what to do." I said.

"Yes sir." Both Connor and Travis said at the same time. They both saluted and ran off, their campers trailing behind. Chiron was right, they really hadn't matured.

"Demeter Cabin, are you ready?"

"Yep!!" Jenna Yarjis, the Demeter Cabin's enthusiastic leader replied. "Come on guys!! Let's kick butt!!"

Demeter's cabin ran off.

"Okay, the rest of you spread out and guard the flag." I instructed.

"This won't work." Said a voice from the back of the crowd, and the group parted to let a curly headed blond through the ranks.

I gulped slightly. "Yes it will."

"No it won't. It's slipshod and reckless. You'll get us defeated." She said.

"Annabeth, chill. It's not particularly smart, but I think it'll work." Said a younger girl, walking up behind Annabeth, and touching her shoulder.

"Stay out of this Allie." Annabeth said harshly, brushing the girl's hand off her shoulder.

"Annabeth, just trust me on this, please." I said, my voice hard.

Why couldn't she have stayed at the back of the crowd. Her face brought up lots of memories I wanted to forget. It may have been twenty years, and I may have moved on, but the feeling of betrayal still lingered.

"When we lose, you'll regret ever making this plan." She snapped, whirling around and stalking back to the tall boy with a scar on his upper lip, that was soon pressed against Annabeth's.

I sighed. "Places everyone."

They complied and I, following our plan, crept silently into the woods, and to the stream that marked the boundary.

Leaping into the shallow water, I sank as far as I could into it, hiding as best I could.

Soon, I heard two pairs of feet pattering towards the water. Preparing myself, I leaped up at the instant they jumped into the stream.

Two shrieks followed by a loud splash, echoed around the forest. Two sopping wet campers glared reproachfully at me.

I heard a rustle in the tree behind me, and I realized too late that this was a trap.

A body landed on my back, and I fell forward, surprised.

With a blast of water, the boy flew back into his tree, and I stood back up. Fourteen swords were pointed in my face.

"APOLLO NOW!!" I shouted. A twang of strings sounded, as the campers I had set up in the trees all fired their bows. I raised my hand, and all the campers in the water were blasted back to their side.

A silence followed, and the Apollo campers in the trees began to shift restlessly.

"Hold your positions." I called. "Something's coming."

A figure stepped out of the woods, and I realized with a start that it was Piper. She was wearing a low v-neck dress and golden armbands. Her hair was intricately braided with golden ribbon, and she seemed to be glowing.

My mouth dropped open.

She walked up to me.

"Hello Percy." She whispered. I shivered involuntarily. Her voice sent ripples over my skin.

"H-h-hi." I stuttered.

"Have you been blasting my team with water Percy?" She asked, her hands running up and down my arms.

I was vaguely aware of several people splashing through the stream, and the Apollo campers yelling at me, but the only person who mattered right now was Piper,

"M-m-ma-maybe." I replied shakily.

"That's not good. Percy, you want me to win, remember?" She asked.

I'd forgotten all about that. Piper was supposed to win.

"Y-y-y-yeah." I managed.

"Call off your guards Percy." She said.

"Cease fire!!" I yelled immediately.

"Good boy." She whispered.

Her kaleidoscope eyes shone up at me, and I felt myself getting lost in them.

Shouts and cries echoed behind me. An enormous explosion sounded. A frantic pounding of feet ran towards us.

I was almost aware of a boy carrying our flag, running towards me.

Wait what?

Snapped out of my daze, I lifted my hand, and sent the boy flying backwards into his friends.

"Percy. Stop."

I did. I couldn't say no to that voice.

Suddenly Jenna Yarjis, the Demeter Cabin's enthusiastic leader, burst out of the woods on Piper's side and leaped across the border.

I snapped out of my daze again. We'd won!!

Piper growled angrily. I hastily took a step backwards, just in case she lashed out.

"Percy!! We won!!" Jenna screamed. She was tackled in a hug from her cabin mates.

Suddenly, I heard a bowstring twang, and Piper screamed in pain, and arrow sticking out of her side.