Chapter 25

Percy's P.o.V.

Hot dayyyyyuuuuummmm.

Piper jumped out of the bush, her long white dress glowing as she strode confidently up to the gate, dagger in one hand, sword in the other. I jumped up after her my own armor glowing slightly as I trailed the beautiful goddess in front of me.

The gatekeeper's jaw dropped so low when he saw Piper, that all she had to do was look at him and he opened the gate. I understood what the saying 'beauty is power' meant now.

We traveled forward until we reached the large cement door. Using my supernatural strength, I punched it, and it crumbled.

And I broke a few knuckles.

But it crumbled!

Behind the door stood three demigods. They all wore the same black jumpsuits, and one of them was the girl we'd been chasing. They all turned in shock at the sound of the door crumbling, and I noticed they all had the same green eyes as the first boy we'd caught. They were almost unnaturally green.

As they all moved to attack us, I spotted a drinking fountain in the corner of the drab room. I pointed at it, and felt a tug in my gut.

Water exploded out in a tsunami, knocking over the three teens.  Pulling a Moses, I parted the waters and Piper and I strood through, leaving the three disoriented demigods in our wake.

Down the hallway, there was a door. We blasted through it, the door rocketing off it's hinges. Inside was a group of people sparring in what looked like a gym. They all looked up at us as we entered, but Piper yelled "SLEEP!" before they could attack.

Her command was so powerful, I felt my own eyes drooping as the entire room sagged to the floor. "Not you Percy!" Piper snapped.

We continued through the room to the door on the other side, venturing deeper into the complex. Each room we encountered was filled with demigods, all with the same unnaturally green eyes. By the time we reached the center of the building, Piper was leaning on my arm, trying not to collapse from the exhaustion of putting seventeen rooms of people to sleep.

As I burst through the next room, I instantly noticed something was off.  This room was empty, except for a glowing green jar on a pedestal right in the middle of the room. Something white was submerged in the glowing liquid, and as we ventured closer, I could tell what it was.

It was an onion.

I see you have found my complex. A watery voice floated through conscience.

Carefully, I set Piper down by the door, and ventured farther into the room towards the talking onion.

"Who are you?" I asked, leveling my sword at the jar.

I am Ace. Replied the onion.

"And you're an onion?"

Yes. I have many layers.

"Right. Why are you bombing my camp?"

To get back at your friend there.

"Wha- Piper? What'd she ever do to you?"

"It's not what she did to him, it's what she did to me." I turned, as a figure stepped out of the shadows.

Half of his face was charred, and his eyes had an even crazier look to them then the last time I'd seen him.

"I'm surprised you found me again, Percy Jackson, I am so good at hiding." His grin was demonic, as his mutilated face came into Ace's glowing light.

"Merrikk."

--------------
____________
--------------
Happy Easter to those who celebrate it, and Happy Random Sunday to those who don't!