Chapter 8

Piper's P.O.V.

The man kidnapped me, really wasn't all that smart. He made three major mistakes.

1) He didn't think take away my dagger.

2) He left me alone, without a guard.

3) I still had a Bobby pin in my hair.

On Olympus, Hermes had tought me how to pick locks, so I could sneak into Percy's house and leaves frogs in his bed. I never thought the skill would be actually useful, until now.

The dark was gone, and sunlight was fluttering through the small barred window on the wall. I could see my fingers again, and that was all I needed.

The Bobby pin slipped into the lock, bent out of shape. I wiggled it around and pushed until I heard a faint click. The shackle fell to the floor with a clang.

Quickly, I removed the others, and stood, stretching out my cramped muscles.

No more being the damsel in distress for Piper McLean.

Suddenly an explosion rang through the dank air.

.

.

.

--------------------

.

.

.

Percy's P.o.V.

A deafening boom echoed around the clearing. Leo laughed maniacally and dropped another vial of Greek fire.

BOOOOMMMM

Another.

BOOOOMMMM

And another.

BOOOOMMMM

"LEO-"

BOOOOMMMM

"LEO I-"

BOOOOMMMM

"LEO I THINK THAT'S ENOUGH!!"

Leo turned a gave me a sad look. "Just one more?"

"N-"

BOOOOMMMM

Marching over, I yanked him away from the Greek fire.

"Stop it."

Leo muttered something under his breath, and stomped off to check on the rest of the Hephaestus Cabin.

We were ready, set up outside the place where Piper was.

But here, we ran into a problem...

"Hello Percy Jackson."

"Merikk." I turned, to see the greasy man standing behind me.

"Good Job. I'm surprised you actually found me. I am so very good at hiding." He sneered, curling his lip in a very unattractive way.

"Give back Piper." I snarled, grasping the hilt of RipTide.

"You'll never find her." He grinned. "For I am the master at hiding things. She will rot in her cell FOREVER!! MWAHAHAHAHA-"

BOOOOMMMM

"OH YEAH!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! GO LEO!! GO LEO!! GO LEO!!"

"LEO!"

Leo paused mid-victory dance, and looked at me. "What?"

Then the ground collapsed, and he fell through the Earth.

.

.

.

---------------------

.

.

.

Piper's P.O.V.

I darted out of the cell, and into the hall. The coast was clear, as far as I could tell.

Pulling out Katoptrus, I ran, hoping to find an exit somewhere. This place was irritatingly confusing. It followed no logical blueprint.

All of the sudden, the ceiling crumbled right in front of me, and a body fell through.

They leapt to their feet, striking a ninja pose.

"LEO!! Are you okay!" Called a voice from above.

"Leo?" I cried.