Chapter 2

Percy's P.O.V.

-----------------

The camps uproar was unbelievable. Everyone was screaming, old and new campers alike. The flames from the campfire rose thirty feet in the air, it's flames a neon orange.

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips, and I could hear Piper's musical laugh beside me. Eventually the crowd settled down, and Chiron began to speak.

"As of now, Percy Jackson, god of fresh water, and Piper McLean, goddess of broken hearts, are Camp Half-Bloods official leaders." He said. "Be as good to them, as you were to me. Conor and Travis, that includes you." Chiron added sharply.

He turned to us. "Twenty years has done nothing to improve their maturity."

Piper and I looked at each other. We could do this.

"Dismissed. Go to bed. Sleep like bugs in a rug." Chiron announced, waving his hands at the gathered campers. "You've got a busy day tomorrow."

I clicked my fingers, and changed into jeans and my old camp half-blood t-shirt.

As the campers left the campfire, many stopped to welcome us back. Campers I didn't even know were coming up and shaking my hand. Eventually, all that was left, was Piper and I, and some of the Demi-gods from our time.

"Kelp head." Muttered an aged Clarrisse, "what were you thinking running off like that, and dragging Piper with you! Idiot!"

"Missed you to Clarrisse." I gruffly replied.

"BEAUTY QUEEN!!" Screamed a voice.

"REPAIR BOY, well more like repair man now..." Piper cried back, flinging her arms around a much older Leo.

"Percy, my man." Connor Stoll punched my shoulder. "Good to have you back."

"You're a god now Percy?" Rachel appeared by my now stinging shoulder. "I did not see that coming, and that is saying something.

There were many faces that weren't present. Chris Rodriges, Nico Di Angelo, Katie Gardner, Lacy and Mitchell from Aphrodite. Each one struck a pang in my chest. I didn't know if they were alive or not.

But worst of all was Annabeth Chase.

"Is Annabeth-" I cleared my throat, "is she-?"

"She's not dead, if that's what you mean." Clarrisse snapped. "She's had a certain son of Jupiter wrapped around her pinky for the last twenty years and she won't let any of us forget it."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, and nodded.

"Well, it's been a long day, and I'm beat." I announced. "Piper we should probably figure out where we're staying. Piper?"

I turned to look at her when she didn't answer, and saw that she was still wrapped up in an embrace from Leo.

An unfamiliar feeling fluttered in my chest, and I suddenly had the urge to punch Leo in the face.

"Piper. Piper. PIPER!" I shouted, and startled she broke away from the little Latino snot.

"Right, sorry. Sleep, good idea. Let's go." She said, and clicked her fingers. She was gone in an instant, reappearing on the porch of the big house. I waved to my old friends and quickly followed.

.

.

.

--------------------

.

.

.

The conch shell for breakfast startled me out of my slumber. Groaning, I sat up disoriented for a moment.

Last nights events came flooding back, Camp Half-Blood. I was the new co-leader of Camp Half-Blood.

"Rise and shine Shark-Bait!" Sang a voice, and Piper skipped through my door.

"I'm awake Miss Olympus." I grumbled, giving her a death glare.

She laughed. "You have to get up. We're supposed to be supervising breakfast."

"Fine." I rolled out of bed and onto the floor, which caused Piper to giggle hysterically, and stumbled into the bathroom.

After a quick shower, I changed into a camp shirt and tan shorts. Clicking my fingers, I transported myself to the mess hall.

Piper was there already, looking drop-dead gorgeous in a simple tank-top and shorts. I noticed many campers, mostly boys, eyeing her pervertedly.

"You've been here less than a day, and you're already breaking hearts." I muttered to her, jokingly, as my plate filled up with blue eggs and ham.

"Shut up." She replied, punching me in the shoulder.

I laughed, and rubbed the forming bruise.

"What should we say to them?" She asked after a moment.

"I don't know. You're the one who's good with people! The last time I tried to give a pep talk, Ares punched me so hard, I landed in Florida." I replied.

Piper laughed. "Let me give if a go then. If I get punched to Florida, I'll run Katoptris through your face."

Piper stood up and cleared her throat. A moment later, the noise level in the room went down considerably.

"Hi everyone. My name is Piper McLean, daughter of Aphrodite, goddess of broken hearts. This is Percy Jackson, son of Posiden, god of fresh water. We have been elected head of this camp by the Olympian Council. Your training and combat exercises will be overseen by Percy. If you have questions about different weapons, talk to him. If you need to learn how to use a sword, talk to him. If you need to talk to a Pegasus for whatever reason, he is your man. I'm here for your more, personal, people issues. If you have a problem in your cabin, come talk to me. If you need help with your problems come talk to me. If you just want to talk, I'll listen. Sure you can come to me for weapon advise too, I'll happily show you some dagger tricks, but Percy's a more violent person by nature. You can go to Percy for people advice if-"

"Okay." I interjected. "You don't want to come to me for people advice. Just ask Ares, he'll tell you."

"Shut up Percy." Piper hissed, punching my arm. "I'm trying to give a speech here."

"Sorry," I muttered sitting back down.

"As I was saying," Piper continued, "don't go to Percy unless it's an emergency. I'll be coming around camp later today, to check on all the cabins. Percy, you're going to be at the training field right?"

"Right." I confirmed.

"And it's Friday, so you know what that means." Piper grinned. "Capture the Flag."