Chapter 26

Percy's P.o.V.

"I thought you were dead." I snarled at the half crumbling man. His leer seemed to grow in the low lighting.

"That's what everyone thought. Truth is, Ace here, saved me. He put out my flames by causing his army to cry. Their tears worked better than any fire hydrant." Merrikk let out a cruel laugh. "Since then, he's been helping me get back at the little punks who did this to me."

I've always hated Camp Half Blood. Ace joined in, You guys make me sick!

"If you guys were after Piper, then why didn't you bomb the Big House? or her cabin?"

"Because the stupid brats in Ace's army couldn't tell the difference between the cabins!" Merrikk cried, his whiny voice reaching a whole new pitch.

"And, why did you go after Jason and Annabeth?"

"Because the stupid girl Preston possesed influenced his thinking, and made him bomb the wrong couple!"

"This plan of yours seems rather stupid."

You're rather stupid.

"You're an onion!"

That's racist!

"All of you, SHUT UP!"

Piper stood shakily up from the wall and staggered over to the three of us, a thin layer of sweat covering her brow. When she reached me, she leaned heavily on my shoulder, and glared at the two men (onion).

"Merrikk, you got burned, get over it. Ace, you're an onion who is possessing a bunch of teenagers, get over yourself." She snapped, then, grabbing her dagger, she raised it high, and threw it at Ace.

The blade pierced the jar and it shattered.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace rolled onto the floor, his little onion body spinning out of control until it hit the wall.

Piper turned to Merrikk. "You sir, are a pain in my ass! And so I say, with great pleasure, LEO NOW!"

Leo appeared in the doorway, grinning maniacally, he raised up both of his hands, both filled with vials of greek fire. I grabbed Piper, and we sprinted for the door, Piper screaming for all of Ace's army to get up and run.

Hundreds of people poured out of the complex, eyes no longer green as Ace no longer controlled their minds. Most looked dazed and confused, but ran, following Piper and I into the woods.

A safe distance away, we turned to watch the fortress explode in green, Leo Valdez running from the flames with a maniacal grin on his face. As he reached us, he held up an onion in victory.

A cheer went up from the ranks of his army.