Chapter 12

Piper's P.O.V.

As soon as the first explosion finished, another one happened.

One after another the Zeus and Athena Cabins went up in flames, sending campers into a panic.

"Someone get Percy!!" I yelled to no one in particular." Tell him there's a fire!"

"Never fear Leo's here!!" The Hephaestus Cabin arrived on the scene, sweaty from their 10K run. Leo instantly ran into the flaming Athena cabin, to make sure no one was trapped inside.

I doubted there would be, seeing as they were all swimming in the canoo lake.

Percy ran up with his sword drawn, close followed by assorted members of the Demeter Cabin. He instantly raised his hand, dousing the fires and Leo who was coming out of the cabin.

"Hey!" Leo cried.

"Is everybody okay?" Percy called, looking around for injured campers.

When nobody stepped forward, Percy turned to me. "Did you see who did this?"

I started to shake my head, but then I realized something.

Zeus and Athena Cabins.

Jason and Anaabeth's cabins.

"No, but I've got an idea." Turning to the crowd I called, "Aphrodite Cabin! Meet in the Big House in five!"

.

.

.

--------------------

.

.

.

"I bet your all wondering why I've gathered you here today." I said, addressing the Aphrodite Cabin and Percy, who all wore matching confused expressions.

To my surprise, Drew, the cabin leader from a long time ago still attended camp, and was standing in the midst of the group.

"Someone blew up Zeus and Athena today, and I believe it was one of you."

Someone gasped.

"Look, by one I'm sure everyone has sensed the tension between Percy and I, and Annabeth and Jason. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out why. If someone in this cabin shipped Perper hard enough, they would try to get rid of the opposition to that ship."

Percy raised his hand.

"Yes Percy?"

"Um...what's Perper?"

Several people gasped.

"It's your and my ship name." I explained awkwardly.

"You mean, it's a way of life."

Melenie Parker, an 17 year old camper stepped out of the group, and put her manicured hands on her petite hips.

"There is no one in this cabin who doesn't value Perper more than their life. And if they don't, then Hades have mercy on their soul." She snapped glaring at her cabin mates.

Percy and I traded a look.

"Melenie, did you blow up the cabins."

"Yes. Yes I did. And I'm blowing up the dining pavilion in about three minutes. That's where Jaslut and Annabitch are making out."

Percy leaped to his feet.

"YOU'RE WHAT?!?!"