Chapter 1

Piper's P.O.V.

It's been 20 years since we left camp half-blood. I'm the goddess of broken hearts now. Percy became the god of fresh-water.

I live on Olympus in a spectacular white marble mansion, next door to Percy's blue one. We've stuck together these past twenty years. We're closer than close, and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't surfaced some feelings for the green eyed water god.

Standing on the balcony of my mansion I couldn't help but think how much I'd changed.

Physically, the difference was evident.

I was taller, thinner. My hair was thicker, and everyone said I was the most beautiful person they'd ever seen, except for my mom who topped me by a lot.

But mentally I'd changed too. Percy said I seemed to have a aura of sadness. I guess being the goddess of broken hearts is a rather depressing job.

A splash broke me out of my daydream, and I realized that I was suddenly soaking wet.

"PERCY JACKSON!" I screamed at the laughing boy on the other balcony.

"Y-you're face!" He burst out laughing again. Growling, I raised me hand, and a flock of mourning doves descended upon Percy's head.

My sacred animal was the mourning dove, as sadder version of my mother's sacred animal.

Percy shrieked. "Call them off!"

"Not until you dry me off." I grinned, and he raised his hand, and the water all over me lifted as well.

"Alright guys, that's enough." The mourning doves took flight.

Percy glared at me. "Not cool." He muttered.

All of the sudden a flash of light blinded us both, and when it cleared, Dionysus stood on my balcony.

"Mr. D?" Both Percy and said ant the same time.

"Peter Jones. Patty McCloud." Mr. D said, "I am here to pass over the responsibility of Camp Half-Blood to the two of you."

"WHAT!?" I shrieked.

"No way." Percy growled.

"Please." He groaned, "Chiron specifically asked for the two of you."

"Chiron knows we're gods?" I asked.

"Yes, and he and I are the only ones at that wretched camp who do, so don't mess up your pretty face with worry lines." Mr. D snapped.

"Fine, we'll do it." Percy said.

"We will?"

"You will?"

"Yes. Look Piper, we have to face them sometime, and why not do it when we are in charge of them?" Percy looked at me imploringly.

"...alright." I muttered.

Mr. D smiled bigger than I'd ever seen him smile before, and clicked his fingers. We were suddenly on the porch of the big house.

Chiron sat in his wheelchair. His face broke out into a huge smile when he saw the two of us.

"Percy my boy. Piper, you are gorgeous." He exclaimed. Percy wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I snapped my fingers to change my outfit from a Greek dress, to jeans and a t-shirt.

Percy did the same, and we both went over to hug the old centar.

I was pretty sure I saw Percy wipe a few tears from his eyes.

"Well this has been fun, but I should be leaving. Bye, whatever." Mr. D vanished leaving the three of us on the porch.

"I'm so glad the two of you are taking over around here." Chiron said, wiping tears from his own eyes. "Right! Well, I was thinking that Percy could work in the training arena, to train our heroes, and Piper could be the people person. Talking to new campers, and helping the older ones."

"Isn't that your job?" I asked.

"Not for much longer. I'm retiring." Chiron said.

"WHAT?!?!" We both screamed.

Chiron sighed, "I was recently attacked by a Minotaur, and my fighting skills are not what they once were. I can no longer walk on my horse legs."

"B-but Chiron-"

"I've already made up my mind. I think the two of you will do just fine in my place." He said.

Wordlessly we shared another group hug.

"Now! Let's go shock the camp!" He said excitedly.

.

.

.

------------

.

.

.

"This may come as a shock, but this is my last day at camp half-blood."

Chiron was at the front of the campfire, speaking to the entire camp. Percy and I were sitting unnoticed in the midst of the distress.

Chiron continued his speech, and Percy and I locked eyes across the fire.

"Before I leave, I'd like to tell you a story about two campers. Percy Jackson and Piper McLean." Chiron said, "two of my best campers ever. They mysteriously vanished only months after they, along with 5 others defeated the Earth itself."

The air was completely silently. Even though everyone had heard this story a thousand times, it was Chiron's last words as Camp leader.

Everyone knew how it ended, with the two heroes never being found, creating the biggest camp half-blood mystery.

"Today, the mystery of the disappearance of Percy Jackson and Piper McLean has been solved."

The group gasped, and whispers spread everywhere.

"In fact, they are sitting here, around this campfire, exactly as they did 20 years ago."

There were screams as almost everyone leapt to their feet to search the crowd for the two famous campers.

The only people who didn't stand were Percy and I , and the blond couple in the back.

We locked eyes again and together stood up. Simultaneously, we snapped their fingers and changed into our Ancient Greek clothing. We both emitted an aura of light, and together we walked through the crowd.

We moved as one, as the crowd parted around us. Even though we were on opposite side of the campfire, we moved together.

"Everyone, please welcome Percy Jackson and Piper McLean, the new leaders of Camp Half-Blood."