Upcoming Battle

He couldn't comprehend.... he couldn't understand how one man could out do him of all people, with every strike that was dodged and blocked he could tell the difference in their ability was great.

His knights fell and so did his mages as he was confused by the outcome of things as he watched the man cloaked in black slowly approach him as he shakily pointed his sword at him.

"Who the hell are you! I've never heard of a Knight who had a mastered magic this good" Everyone watched him as Spade still had his sword "Because you are weak and corrupt, you think that now that you're at you're peak of your career you can push around others...." He said while walking towards him slowly.

"Try pushing around someone who can push back" He said as the man swung his sword over and over trying to catch Spade off-guard but he matched his movements blocking them all while dust kicked up in the air from moving so quickly.

In all his years he never saw an opponent that could actually match him so well in every form, from brute strength to swift movements to practically everything else there is.

'This boy is wicked, I gotta get out of here!' The man thought as he backed away from him and quickly hopped on a horse and took off as fast as he could leaving his men and everyone else behind.

They watched Spade grab everyone and drop them at one spot "Here you go sir! Figured you might need it" A little boy said while handing him rope.

"Do you see that Gerald?" Kaitlyn asked him as he could do nothing but watch in awe "Yeah...but even so, there's no way he's joining us not after he was pushed out by us"

"Nor did I think I'd see any of you again either" They heard a voice say as they saw him hovering behind them as they jumped away in fear "You have saved us once again Spade, you truly have a heart kinder than most" Sister May said while slightly bowing to him.

"We came looking for you because we know you can help us" She told him flatly while crossing her arms "Oh? And is it a you think or they think I can help them? Seems to me that you're fine since they was easily able to turn away a new member" He said while walking away from them onto the street.

"Why does it matter what they think?!" She said while standing in front of him while walking backwards "All that matters is what we can do for you, surely you have you're own agenda or plans right?" She said as it stopped him in his tracks.

'You can make our dreams a reality kid, I know you can and I know you'll do it by any means necessary' He heard a voice in his head say and sounded all too familiar as he chuckled to himself quietly.

"And if I did?" He said to her as she was shocked silent "W-Well then we could help you reach whatever goal or agenda you're aiming to reach...at least then you'd have a family" She said as he scoffed at her.

"Family...it's amazing how someone related to us can bring us happiness and grief...which is why I have no use for family anymore little girl" He said as she looked confused as he stepped closer towards her.

"Family is the reason I am born the way I am also why I am here in the first place and so broken...you may cherish family but I don't" He told her while walking past her.

"Are you sure you're making the right the decision? He clearly just told you flat out that he has other things to do...his own agenda, is that safe?" Gerald asked as she nodded slowly.

"We'll be fine if he had bad motives it would've been obvious by now especially not with these good deeds he's doing" She told him as he frowned "Yeah but the way he talked and acted still doesn't through you off? Every sense in me is telling me to get as far away as possible from him" He said while she sighed.