Cain sees the past

Kyla walked through the mansion doing her duties as lead maid of the place as she had a few books floating behind her to take back to her office as she was still thinking about her last meeting with Zack.

"I can do that no problem, but what about the halfling? I know right now Reyes is going to have stronger men next time they make a move, my partner can't be weak- so I plead with you to assign someone else with me."

"And who do you suggest that someone be?"

"I think we could enlist Jack, he's powerful and he's right under Silas in strength." Zack had stated.

'Except I don't know wether or not he would even consider helping.' Kyla said while sighing, Jack has been at the mansion since he was a child- and is a child of a human and elf couple before elves had started to vanish and become slaves to the humans and since slaves are legal in the remaining kingdoms that weren't wiped off the map.

Everyone had either started either killing them or selling them as slaves 'And if you were a woman you were lucky to just be a maid' Kyla thought while turning a corner to see Reyes walking with two other butlers "Oh! Kyla, you're a sight for sore eyes." Reyes said while smiling and bowing slightly "You don't have to bow to me Reyes." Kyla said plainly "I'm not someone you have to be formal with." She finished saying as she looked at the two men behind him.

Using her senses she kept her composure as she saw something she didn't mean to see- black aura's 'Why does Reyes have a black aura!?' She thought inwardly while maintaining her composure 'Only one race has black auras...they're demons!' She thought while keeping the books close to her "You are still a woman, regardless of what your race and status." Reyes said with a small smirk.

"Well I appreciate your words, I can see that Cain is still molding you into the perfect gentlemen." She said while bowing slightly while continuing her walk past them and once she made it back to her office she had seen a man holding a cloth in his hands with two daggers in his hands "I came here looking for you and found something interesting." Cain said while turning to face her "Why do you have this?" He asked while sitting the items down on her desk.

"I took them." Kyla said as it didn't make Cain change the emotionless expression on his face "Obviously you took them but my question was why do you have it?" He said as it made her nervous "I have them because I didn't want Silas to have them, Sir Cain." Kyla answered as he gave a low hum "So you took these from his majesty's son is what you're telling me." Cain said as Kyla nodded "I had to, if Silas would've gotten those daggers who would've known what damage he could've caused."

"That wasn't a decision for you to make!"

"Even if it means Indra could have a fighting chance!?" She replied back loudly as she saw him look at her in confusion- the first emotion he has shown since the conversation had started "Indra is dead, there isn't anymore chances." Cain said as Kyla shook her head "The brawl between them never ended, Silas sent Indra away but Indra never died and nor has Indra admitted defeat to Silas." She said proudly as Cain waved his hand as glowing red lines showed themselves on the walls 'A soundproof barrier.' Kyla thought as she was starting to get even more nervous than before, she wasn't expecting a run in with Sir Cain of all people.

"What are you trying to say Kyla?" Cain said as she sighed "Indra is alive and letting Silas become more powerful will not benefit us."

"Us?" Cain said while walking up to her slowly "You're playing a dangerous game here Kyla, what proof do you even have that suggests he even is alive?" Cain said as she gained a small smile "I have two witnesses," Kyla began to say "The first one is my daughter, she started having visions of someone she thought she doesn't know months ago, so I tracked the person she thought she saw-"