Jason's First Day

Walking through the castle like mansion, Jason, had greeted the maids and butlers as he passed them by and after not being there for a few years he began to recall the few memories he had of the place before Indra's death 'The only person to give a crap enough to protect me.' Jason thought as he turned a corner and knocked on Ms.Kyla's office door.

"Come in" Jason heard from the hall as he walked in and saw his elven teacher sitting in her chair as he approached her desk and bowed slightly "Master Kyla, I am home and ready to receive my next assignment." Jason said as she giggled at him "You don't have to be so formal with me and I told you already you don't have to call me master." She said as he scratched the back of his head nervously.

"I know, it's just that Sir Cain has broken me down and reshaped me into the confident man you see today and you are apart that since you helped me learn more about my elven abilities." Jason said as she gave a small smile "I am grateful to be your master and apart of your journey Jason," She began to say while standing up and walking in front of her desk "But this is the part where it really defines what type of man you are." She said as he looked confused.

"I don't understand, is there a test for me to complete?" Jason asked as she shook her head no and waved her hand as he recognized the glowing lines on the walls 'A Soundproof barrier?' Jason thought inwardly as he was getting nervous "This assignment right now will probably be the most important, so I will ask you right now, do you think you can handle what I am going to tell you? Because if not it and you take this assignment it could cost you your life." She said as it made his eyes widen a bit.

'A assignment so dangerous that I could be killed behind it!?' Jason thought nervously 'And it's likely she would have to be the one to do it.' Jason thought while taking a breath 'If I take it and I can't handle it I will die but if I take it just to avoid death and still die then either way I am dead.' He thought with a sigh "For an assignment to be so dangerous, do I at least get a partner? Anyone from the squad we have and not the army? Like Vince, Mathew or David? I'll even take Jackie only if Cecile can come as our healer." Jason began saying as Kyla shook her head no.

"You can't partner up with any of them, they are actually on a important mission in the other kingdoms acting as Siegfried's spies to let him know the situations of each kingdom and to bring back any secrets possible and if I were to be honest, right now you're assignment is more important than theirs." Kyla said as it made Jason's face scrunch up in confusion as his face started to look as if it was being drained of hope, many occasions he had life or death situations but never was he told that if he didn't accept an assignment he could lose his life and couldn't partner up with any of the others and had and assignment more important than theirs.

"But!" Kyla began to say as she held up two fingers "You have two people that will be working with you and you won't know who they are unless you accept the assignment and if you feel like it's too much to handle then I will understand and remove any memory of us having this conversation." She said as Jason stood there for a moment longer 'Two people who aren't apart of Master Siegfried's squad? I can't really question their reliability since she had to have picked them and she is a good judge of character.' Jason thought while taking in a breath and exhaling.

"I accept the assignment." Jason said confidently as she smiled brightly "Great! Since you have chosen to accept, I need you to understand any information you learn you cannot tell anyone- not even Mathew and the others." Kyla said as it was already confusing Jason to the highest level possible "You are only to report to me and only me, you will be working with Zack and a guy I discovered not too long ago, his name is Samuel." She said while crossing her arms and leaning up against her desk.

"Your assignment is to help me and Sir Cain, prevent a false ascension to Dragon throne." She said as it made Jason's eyes nearly pop out their sockets, he knew what this was very well and it made him nervous 'What she and Sir Cain were planning was a rebellion against their own people!' Jason thought while in shock "He has failed to kill or force his opponent into submission and so he cannot take the throne and make the captured dragons his subjects." Kyla finished saying as Jason's mouth hung open for what felt like forever.