Chapter 4- Samarth's Bipolar Nature

"Yes, yes, Pari. Now, sleep.", Samarth said in a tired voice as he lay on Pari's bed patting lightly on her stomach in an attempt to make her sleep. She was busy talking about Jiya and she was not tired of praising her for the 100th time in the whole day. 

"Papa, and Jiya Aunty-", Samarth interrupted her saying, "Beta, your Jiya Aunty would also have slept by now and I advice you to do the same. Sleep and let Papa sleep too." Pari frowned and caressed her little fingers over his stubble saying, "But, Papa this will be last. You know Jiya Aunty and I have a secret! Oops, I was not supposed to tell you that.", Pari let out her tongue depicting that she had made a mistake. Samarth's ears perked up at the 'secret' thing.

"What is your secret beta?", Samarth asked sweetly. "No, Papa it is mine and Jiya Aunty's secret. I won't tell you.", she crossed her fingers and turned to the other side. Samarth rolled his eyes and chuckled relieved that at least he would be able to get some sleep now. Just as he was about to drowse into sleep, Pari shifted on the bed and turned to his side. 

"Papa?", Pari questioned softly. Samarth's eyes were closed and his one hand was below Pari's head. "Hmm?", he hummed distractedly. "Papa, Jiya Aunty is so sweet, is Mamma sweet too?", Pari asked inquisitively. Samarth's eyes opened fully on their own accord. This was the most dreaded question Pari could ever ask him. He looked at Pari and smiled. He caressed her forehead softly and spoke.

"Yes, Princess, your Mamma is very sweet, just like you.", Samarth said sweetly. Pari's curiousness would always be at peak when the discussion would be about her mother. "How did she look?", inquired Pari. Samarth was very tired and also he had to get up early tomorrow for the meeting with Chadda Enterprises. Still, he decided to answer something to his daughter.

"Princess, your mamma is a lot like you. The same smile, same laughter, same pout, everything like you. Okay? Now, you got your desired answer? Now, let Papa sleep haan? Papa is very tired.", Samarth said letting a yawn escape his mouth. He hugged Pari close to him and closed his eyes.

Pari began thinking about all this. Her Mamma was same like her. Does that mean, her Mamma had the same eyes, same nose and same height as her. She looked at her father waning to ask him some more about her mother. But, when she saw him snoring, she decided otherwise.

She snuggled closer to him and closed and kissed him on his cheek. She whispered, "I love you Papa.", in a soothing tone. Samarth couldn't help but pat her stomach and reply a faint, "I love you too, Pari.". Pari dozed off to sleep all the time thinking of her mother. 

--------------------

"Yes, and please bring back Suraj from the school.", Jiya's mom instructed her strictly. Jiya was chatting with her elder cousin sister, Shivani and as soon as she heard her voice she shouted, "Yes.". "So, didi? When are you due?", Jiya asked caressing Shivani's stomach. "In 3 months, Jiya.", she replied with a smile. "But, don't you worry, I will manage to bring Suraj back from school.", Shivani said. "No, didi, you aren't going to do anything like that. If jiju gets to know that we have made her darling to travel to the school to fetch her son, he is gonna murder all of us.", Jiya chuckled. 

"Jiya, you have also grown old, when are you gonna marry?", Shivani asked. Just then, Jiya's mom came with a tray of tea and sat on the couch beside the sisters. "That's exactly what I'm explaining her from so many years. Beta, once you get old, no one will want to marry you. Shivani, tell her na.", Jiya's mum said in a deep voice. Jiya rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Mom, I'll get married when the right time comes. And, how much ever you try, I'll marry only the one that is destined to me, so don't you worry. When Lord Kanha would want, I will surely fall into this trap.", she giggled and ran away with her bag before her mother could tell her anything else.