Chapter 7- Samarth Remembers His Wife

"Papa!" Pari squealed. "Yes, Princess. I am home!" Samarth goes and hugs his daughter. He lifts her in his arms and kisses her. "Did you bring that P P medicine?" Pari reminds his father. "Yes, my mom, I've bought it!" 

Samarth hands over the medicine to Pari and she hugs him. "Papa, Jiya aunty has the solution to every problem. She is so perfect na?" Pari praised Jiya that irked Samarth.

"Umm, yeah...now show me, have you completed your homework?" Samarth questioned as he settled on the couch. Pari nodded and rushed to her room to bring her notebook. 

Samarth pinched the bridge of his nose thinking about the current day's events. He tried concentrating on the London deal and what all documents it would require but all the time his thoughts wandered to those black orbs, innocent eyed girl, Jiya.

He didn't know why, for the first time in his life, after his beloved wife, someone was occupying his thoughts so much. He shook his head to get rid of unwanted thoughts and breathed in. He smiled as soon as Pari returned with her notebook.

"Okay, so what was your homework." Samarth inquired. "Papa, these school people are so dumbos. They gave me table of 2, 3 and 4 to write but you know na, I know tables till 15." Pari stated with a cute frown. "Princess, you know your tables but other kids of your class don't know na, that's why, your school people do this." Samarth lightly hit her head as if wanting his explanation to enter her mind.

"I know, Suraj knows and Meena also knows tables till 15." Pari said after much thinking. "Okay? And, who is Suraj?" Samarth asked while going through her notebook. "Oh! He is Jiya Aunty's-" "Son?" Samarth interrupted Pari. Pari smacked her head and said, "No, Papa. He is Jiya's Aunty's nephew." Samarth didn't know why but he felt relieved. 

"Okay, now show me your school diary, princess." Samarth instructed to which Pari brought and showed him her school diary after a few minutes. "Pari has gotten five stars in her school diary? Wow!" Samarth exclaimed happily. Pari nodded, "Papa, you remember na what day is it tomorrow?" 

"Yes, tomorrow is your class test for E.V.S subject." Samarth said absent mindedly going through her diary. "Offo! No Papa. Tomorrow is something else, something special." Samarth looked at Pari and then towards the ceiling as if trying to remember what day is it tomorrow. 

"Oh! I got it, I got it. Tomorrow is my princess's 6th bday. Right?" Samarth chuckled to which Pari said, "Yes, Papa. I thought you forgot." "How will I, my Princess?" Samarth laughed. "So, Papa. Tomorrow I want you to stay at home and plan for my bday party. I will invite all my friends in the evening and we all will enjoy so much." Pari squealed and jumped onto Samarth's lap.

"Yes Princess, your wish is my command. Your king will do as you say. We all will enjoy, party, have fun the whole day." "Papa?" Pari suddenly grew serious. "Yes, my girl?" Samarth asked looking at Pari's changed expression. 

"Will my Mamma come to my bday party tomorrow?" Pari innocently questioned. Samarth's happy face immediately fell and he looked into Pari's eyes. All he could see was longing, pure longing for her mother. She is making it extremely difficult for Samarth to reveal the truth.

"Umm, Princess, about that, I'll have to talk to your Mamma beta. Only then will I know right?" Samarth stammered. "Yeah, but talk soon. I want my Mamma at the party tomorrow." Samarth signed Pari's diary and gave it back to her. "And, don't forget to call Jiya Aunty to the party tomorrow. I want her too. She is my best friend." Pari spoke and ran to her room with her diary excitedly.

"Jiya Aunty, Jiya Aunty, Jiya Aunty. All she thinks about is her. Gosh! Don't know what magic she has done on my Princess." Samarth sighed but instantly frowned in dejection when Pari's words rung in his head.