Chapter 28- Is He Your Husband?

"Holi! I don't like Holi at all and the earlier you understand it and stop putting shitty colors on me on that so-called day, the better!" Samarth hissed as he entered the room. Jiya looked at him through the mirror while applying lotion on her arms and smiled. "Don't insult Holi like that. It's one day wherein you should also let your hair down, lock the grumpy and rude Samarth in a closet and showcase the cheerful side of yours to the rest of the world." Jiya spoke nonchalantly.

"And, what makes you think that I have a cheerful side to me?" Samarth looked at her with astonishment. "Everybody has a child within themselves. You, me, everyone. The difference is that I let that child out on several occasions whereas you, never! Learn something from this cute, innocent wife of yours." Jiya smiled still looking at him through the mirror, her back facing him. Samarth rolled his eyes.

"That's the difference. Well, I am a man and you are a....child." Samarth smirked while Jiya put on an offensive expression but soon sighed. Samarth was tired of this. He was trying to provoke Jiya and make her fight with him because that was something he had started enjoying since the first day he met her in the hospital and at the restaurant. "Miss Jhagdalu, Miss Samajhdaar kaise ban gayin?" Samarth raised an eyebrow making Jiya give out a chuckle.

"I have to control my anger in front of my friends, right?" Jiya spoke as she sat on the other side of the bed much to the surprise of Samarth. "I already told you that am not your friend. We are married,  what friends?" Samarth spoke arrogantly and started looking for his laptop at the bed side table. "Kya? Laptop dhoondh rahe ho?" Jiya questioned with a hint of mischievousness in her eyes. "Haan, tumne dekha hai?" Samarth asked while searching for the device. Jiya handed him the laptop from the study table.

"Tumhari himmat kaise hui mei cheezon ko haath lagane ki?" Samarth showcased his rage and opened his laptop frantically silently praying for it to be working just correct after Jiya had touched it. "Waise, I really wanna become your friend." Jiya's smile returned and Samarth glared at her only to return to his laptop screen a second later. "Maine kaha na.." Samarth was interrupted by Jiya. "Ban sakte hain. Husband wife bhi friends ban sakte hain. Pehle ham friends banenge. Aapko bhi Mihika ko friend banna chahiye tha tab aapki bonding aur bhi strong hoti." Jiya had just hit a nerve that she was not too aware of.

"Meri aur Mihu....Mihika ki bonding bahut strong thi! Aur woh meri best friend bhi thi aur wife bhi." Samarth's anger was increasing with each passing second. "Thi na! Thi na woh aapki friend cum wife? Toh main kyun nahi ban sakti? Ham apne relationship ki shuruaat achhe dost banke karenge aur..." This time it was Jiya's turn to be interrupted. "Aur? Aur phir pyaar? Tumhe lagta hai mujhe tumse pyaar ho jaayega? Dekho Miss Jhagdalu, aisa sirf films aur serials mein hota hai jahan dosti do logon ko kareeb laati hai aur unhe pyaar ho jaata hai ek doosre se. Aise sapne tum mere saath mat dekho! We can never be more than friends. And, love will sure shot never happen, not from my side at least, so you better not try to break that tiny little heart of yours for me because I have no plans of mending it. You might be a good friend but you can never ever take place of my Mihika, you can never become a wife to me." Samarth finished off rather abruptly.

But, Jiya was strong this time. She had strived to not fall weak in the process of making Sanki her friend. She had waited and seen. This ultra charming, intimidating husband of hers would never let his wall down. She had to do something. And, what could be better than making him her friend and getting to know him better especially since she had to endure him for apparently the rest of her life? So, why not give this relationship a try? She was a bit afraid of falling for him too but she knew this was the only way she would make Samarth sweeter because finding sarcastic comments to throw at her Sanki everyday was becoming increasingly challenging.

"Main Mihika ki jagah lena chahti bhi nahi hoon. Samarth, I know, she is not an item to be replaced, she is a human, and she holds value for you and I very well understand that. I am a doctor, Samarth. I see people dying on an everyday basis at my workplace and it's terrible to see the relatives, the mothers, father or closed ones being snatched from people. I can see the dread, fear, grief in their eyes as soon as I announce someone dead. I know human emotions, am not a robot Samarth. Just because you are my first husband, doesn't mean am inexperienced in love. I had also loved a boy in college and you knew what happened. So please stop saying that I want to replace or take the position of your lovely wife because neither do I want to do that nor I can." Jiya's voice almost broke towards the end and Samarth felt guilty.