Chapter 6- Is Love In The Air?

"No, I won't say this again. I understand it struck a personal cord. I'll leave now Mr. Saxena. It's getting late." Jiya said maintaining high amount of professionalism in her tone. "It isn't too late Miss Mathur, you can stay here if you want to." He looked at her while moving towards the kitchen, all the while his eyes on her. 

"Coffee?" He offered. Jiya was aghast. Here, she wasn't able to control her breaths and there, he was behaving as if they were friends. "It's really not needed after whatever you have done." She feigned sweetness in her voice. 

"Stay, when I tell you to." He demanded making Jiya stop in her tracks. Who was he to behave in this way with her? She walked up to the kitchen. She stopped on the entrance of the kitchen and said, "Excuse me? Who're you to tell me what to do and what not? You might be my elder brother's boss, not mine. Stay in your limits."

She spat that in anger but maintained a calm reverie. She inhaled and exhaled and turned around to leave. Suddenly, Samarth held her wrist, tightly. She turned around to look at him rather glare at him and met his stone eyes.

"What the hell is your problem, Mr. Saxena? Why do yo-", before Jiya could complete her sentence, Samarth said, "I don't have a problem but you might have with your phone lying there on the couch." He motioned towards the couch and she gulped. She quickly scurried away to the couch and took the phone. It really would have been a problem as the recordings were there in this phone and she would have to again meet him if she forgot it here.

She tried switching her phone on, but it wasn't happening. She bet it lightly and groaned. Samarth peeked from inside the kitchen and chuckled at her cute antics. He didn't know why but it felt like bliss when she was near him. He took his own sweet time gazing at her outfit. She looked divine in that beautiful blue dress. Almost any girl who came to take her interview would wear revealing dress, but she was sober much. She was different.

"What did you do to my phone?" She fired the question at him. He looked at her and raised his hands in air, "Why would I do anything to your phone?". He tried to look as innocent as he could. "Then I guess it's your presence here that has spoilt my phone. It won't turn on." Jiya complained, stomping her foot on the ground. 

"Or, it has died? It's telling that." He signaled towards the phone's screen. Jiya looked at her phone and huffed as it had died. She raised one of her finger to argue but anyways rolled her eyes and was about to go from the room. Her one foot slipped and she fell miserably. Samarth held her waist and supported her.

Samarth's POV:

Those black pupils dilated as I held onto her waist tighter. We both were gazing into each other's eyes as if there was nothing more important than this at the moment. My eyes betrayed me and moved down to her lips. Those rosy, kissable lips were igniting a different type of emotion in me. One, which I had kept hidden securely inside somewhere in my heart. 

We both lived in the moment. I pulled her closer to myself. I was losing all my calm. This lady had the powers to make Samarth Saxena go weak? This wasn't possible. But, suddenly I felt a sudden urge to kiss her. Her ignorance for me earlier was compelling me to punish her. We kept on getting closer until we were just few breaths apart.

She looked into my eyes. I wonder what she might be thinking. We were now standing literally so close that any moment now our lips would meet. I was hesitating to proceed as this was something which was very wrong. But, at the same time, it felt right! I wanted her to stop me but she just gazed at me with panic stricken and innocent eyes. Those innocent black orbs tell a really beautiful tale.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. If it wasn't for the interruption, both of us would have had proceeded with the deed and would regret later. Jiya pulled herself away from my throat and turned around. It seemed as if she was controlling her breaths. I smirked upon the thought that I have such an effect on her. She straightened herself a bit and I closed my eyes to bring back the Samarth-ness in them.