Chapter 31- The Unexpected Ride

Jiya's POV:

Tomorrow would be the last day of the 2 month friendship 'pact' that I made with him. Honestly, the whole point of me making that deal was to know him better and become a good friend of his while making him one of my best friends. I didn't want anything more. Neither did he.

In these two months, we came a lot closer than I thought we would. I got to know about many of his likes and dislikes, how much he hated capsicums that he would skip it in every dish. Like, pizza, pasta and chowmein, every single dish. I chuckled keeping my volume down. I also got to know his favorite actress was Madhuri Dixit when one day I caught him watching a playlist of her dance performance on YouTube. He denied it initially but accepted it later on. 

I looked at him. He was sleeping on the bed like always. I smiled. So many things had changed in just these two months. I remember the day we went to the farmhouse again, that time with Pari. We all had enjoyed there, like a picture perfect family. I also got to know of Samarth's favorite hobby, that is, playing a guitar. The memory of the song he sung there while playing the guitar is still fresh in my mind.

Fights happened too. We bickered a lot as we usually did. But the bickering too gradually slowed down to natural fights between couples. One day we had gone to 'Motherly Love' together. We met that same lady who had fainted in Samarth's hotel room when I had gone to interview him, replacing my brother. She was the one who gave us the blessings to be together and in love for the rest of our lives. We never got the chance to tell her that we weren't married that time.

And, as fate would have it, the next time we met her was when we got married. Who would have thought? As usual, we had started bickering in front of her over a trivial but not so trivial issue of who will massage her feet. What? He started it. At that time, she said, "The last time I met you both, you both were so well behaved. But, I get it, after few years of marriage everyone starts fighting like that. But, always remember, under the masquerade of your fights, love remains hidden."

I tossed and turned on the couch, my back facing him now. She was wrong about two things. First of all the most obvious one, we weren't married for years. And, secondly, there was no love between us. At least, from his side. 

I didn't realize when in between all these friendships and stuff, I had started wanting more. I wanted flowers, chocolates, dates kind of relationship. But, above all, I had started wanting his love. My feelings for him had grown all the more strong. Because, I now realize, I always had feelings from him. At first I felt hatred, but that had quickly changed into attraction with it having changed into love now. Yes, I had fallen in love with this man pretty hard. If you had told me that I will fall for him so hard that nothing else would matter to me, before my marriage, I would have kicked you in the guts. But, it's life and love happens.

I regret it. I regret falling for him. Why you ask? I don't want my heart to be broken once again. The first time, it was because of a boy who never cared for me at all. At that time, moving on was easier since he was always a jerk. I didn't know why I fell for that boy in the first place though. I was so naïve that time.

But, if I get my heart broken this time, which I know I definitely will, moving on will never be an option. I had controlled myself really hard. Tried to maintain a distance even during these two months. But everything he did attracted me. The way he stayed awaked the whole night for me when I caught fever, he medicated me. He made me sleep on his bed at that time and himself slept on the couch. 

I looked at him once again and again turned away. His bipolar nature has also changed. The most important thing is he is not afraid of being happy now. He laughs open heartedly, he treats people with respect now. Him getting angry is also rarely seen. Yeah, he has changed but to expect that he will fall for me is a bit too overboard. And, I don't have any problem. Well, genuinely I do have a little problem but it's ok. I will live with that. Seeing him happy, makes my heart go lalala. Woah, that was so childish. Ok, let's sleep now.