Chapter 12- Wedding Bells Ring

Jiya's phone rung. She picked it up without gazing at the caller ID. She put the phone on speaker and continued blow drying her hair. "Hello!" She uttered nonchalantly. "Hey!" The husky voice made her stop her task and look at the phone. The caller ID read, 'Bipolar Persona'. It was what she had saved his name as. She chuckled at the thought but sobered when she heard him yet again.

"Are you alive?" Samarth asked while playing with the paper weight on his table while sitting in his executive chair. He grew irritated when people didn't respond to him soon. He was a very impatient kind of human. "Yes, to your bad luck, I am still alive." Jiya replied as she looked at the phone's screen in an apologizing way and then rolled her eyes. "That's really a bad luck then." Samarth muttered.

"I heard that!" Jiya exclaimed while opening the bottle of lotion and taking some of it on her palm. "I meant that!" Samarth replied. Jiya huffed and waited patiently for his reason of calling her while applying the lotion. "I'm coming to your home in the eveing" Samarth declared in finality. Jiya's eyes widened and she instantly picked up the phone, still on the speaker mode. "What for?" She asked hurriedly.

"Dilwaale dulhaniye le jaane!" He claimed making her look at the phone's screen in disbelief. "Kya?" She asked, confused. "To ask for your hand in marriage, what else for Miss Jhagdalu?" He said in a 'duh' tone. "Not again, Mr. Saxena." She said in a threatening tone. "Are you trying to threaten me, Miss Ji-Jhagdalu?" Samarth was enjoying irritating her. He suppressed a chuckle.

"Urghhh! You are impossible. Sanki!!" She groaned and rolled her eyes putting the phone back on the dressing table. "Don't call me that again!" Samarth roared. "Kyun Sanki baba ko mirchi lagi?" Jiya mocked and laughed. "Jiya, if you keep on calling me with that stupid nickname, I'll make sure you regret it on the first night of our wedding itself." Samarth let that out even if he didn't mean to.

Jiya shivered and her smile instantly turned to a gasped and horrified face. "What?" She asked after a long silence. She was literally scared of this one thing. Samarth didn't love her which was more dangerous. If he tried to do something inappropriate to her or forced her without any permission, her life would become a living hell. No one would stop him either as he would become licensed to that.

Samarth ran his fingers through his hair. It was his one habit whenever he grew angry or frustrated. He didn't mean whatever he had spat out in anger. He was never going to disrespect any girl. He never did that to his Mihu, nor would he do that to anyone else. "I am sorry. I didn't mean that." Samarth said in a low voice. 

Jiya's eyes widened more on hearing this. She came out of her thoughts only to be greeted by his apology. He never apologized before. She narrowed her eyes looking at the mobile's screen and took the phone in her hand. She held it close to her mouth as it was on speaker. "Kya kaha?"

"Ek baar bola samajh nahi aaya?" Samarth replied outraged, not used to apologizing to anyone except his daughter. "Hey bhagwan!!! For a second I thought, this Sanki would be husband of mine has gotten some brain in his head, but your outburst proved me wrong yet again." Jiya sighed melodramatically. 

Samarth removed the phone from his ears and looked at the screen. He scrunched his nose in disgust. Why were few girls this over dramatic? He shook his head and placed it again on his ear. "Stop your melodrama!" He instructed to which Jiya chuckled slightly. "But, I still can't believe you apologized to me right now, like before, 10 seconds." She counted on her fingers and then stated firmly. By now she had removed the phone from speaker and was holding it close to her ears.

"I apologized because I didn't mean whatever I said to you. Because you dream a lot. What if you start dreaming that I'll spend that first night with you. That I'll sleep with you." Samarth smirked. Jiya looked at the phone and slapped it in anger imagining it to be Samarth's face. "Aisa kuch bhi nahi hai. I'm not like other girls who fantasize about you, dream about spending their nights with you, or even being near you." She felt as if she was lying as she said all this. Samarth smiled in disbelief.