Chapter 17- A Picnic or Honeymoon?

"Pariiiiii!!" Jiya screeched as soon as she spotted Pari among the other students leaving the school building. "Mammaaaaa!!" Pari came running towards Jiya and she hugged her and placed a kiss on her temple. "Pari, is she your Mamma?" A girl around Pari's age whom Jiya guessed to be her friend asked. "Yes, my lovely Mamma." Pari stated proudly as Jiya smiled.

"Hey Aunty! I am Anaya, Pari's classmate. I've never seen you in school so I didn't know about you. Nice to meet you Aunty! The food which she brought today, did you make it?" To Anaya's question Jiya nodded smilingly. "Oh wow! That's the best sandwich I've ever eaten. How did you make it. The whole class enjoyed the sandwich." Anaya sighed remembering the taste of the food. "Is it? Now, Pari will always bring food items made by me! Am I right, bachha?" Jiya narrowed her eyes at her and Pari replied, "Yes, Mamma!"

"Mamma, Aparna Ma'am wants to see you. She wants to discuss my progress with you." Pari tugged at Jiya's saree and informed her. Jiya crouched down to Pari's level and stroked her cheek. "What have you done?" Jiya asked playfully to which Pari became serious. "I promise Mamma, I've not done anything. Pakka!" Jiya laughed at Pari's scared face and held her index finger out. "Are you Jiya Mamma sure?" Jiya asked. "Jiya Mamma sure!" Pari replied confidently.

--------------------

"Oh, Mrs. Saxena. Actually, I wanted to discuss Pari's Math subject with you. She really needs to work hard on Math. You know, why am saying this? That's because children need to pay attention to Math from their early grades so that they don't find it difficult when they grow up. I hope you understand my concern." Miss Aparna kindly pointed out Pari's weak area. "I totally understand that Ma'am. I will take care that Pari masters this subject and goes through it with flying colors." Jiya assured the teacher. 

"I see you are a really good mother, Mrs. Saxena. Nice to meet you." Aparna smiled at her. Jiya returned the smile with equal sweetness. "So, what do you do?" Aparna interrogated further. "I am a pediatrician, Ma'am." Jiya looked at Pari who was pouting and pointing at her stomach denoting that she was hungry. Jiya shook her head and signaled her to wait. "That's too much of a good thing, Mrs. Saxena. Both of you are really educated. Pari has intelligent parents. May you and Samarth Sir stay together forever." Jiya restrained herself from rolling her eyes at Aparna's good wish. She simply smiled and excused herself and Pari after a small talk. 

--------------------

"Arey? Aap yahan? Today, you didn't go to your office?" Jiya asked as she entered the room and saw Samarth gazing at an IPad while having coffee. Samarth sighed, rolled his eyes at the disturbance and looked at Jiya expectantly. "Pehle, tum khatm kar lo apni bakwaas. Main baad mein kaam karunga." Samarth was annoyed at the interruption as he wasn't used to be interrupted by anyone else other than Pari. 

"Main toh bass puchh rahi thi. Waise, wait, you didn't go because you wanted to spend time with me. Is that the reason why?" Jiya raised her brows while removing her jewelry and keeping it on the dressing table and looking at him through the dressing mirror. "Spend my time with you? Do I from anywhere look mentally unstable? Then why would I want to commit such a mistake?" He sighed unbelievably and returned to his IPad. 

"Sanki Saxena!" Jiya muttered under her breath and continued removing the unwanted ornaments. "Oh haan, I wanted to say something. I-" Jiya was interrupted by Samarth. "Something along the lines of 'Oh Samarth, you are such a great soul. I am so glad to be your wife. You are one in a million. Thank you for being my husband.' Something like that?" Samarth smirked and Jiya huffed.

"Will you even let me speak?" Jiya asked removing her ear rings. "How I wish, I wouldn't." Samarth groaned. "Today, I talked to Pari's Math teacher, Aparna Ma'am. She told me that Pari has to work really hard in Math. So can you just pay attention to her on that subject?" The mention of Pari caught Samarth's attention. "Hmm. I am gonna appoint the best tutor in the whole of India for my daughter." Samarth resolved. "No, Samarth things don't always work that way. What if that tutor get irritated by Pari not getting a concept or raise her voice at our Pari or even worse, beat her? I don't want my Pari to be tutored by a stranger. I want you to do it." Jiya made him understand.