five.

CHAT

I felt bad. Maybe she did need me. But I needed her and I got nothing so I let the phone ring twice.

It must've been a quarter to ten and it was starting to get cold. My father was probably wondering where I was, but I didn't care.

All I really wanted right now was Ladybug. And it's like the stars heard me because here she was, coming my way.

Actually I changed my mind. I don't want to see her.

"You have some explaining to do, don't you?" I said irritably.

"I'm so sorry. Truly, I am and if there's anything I could do to make it up to you I would." She replied. She sounded like she was on the verge of tears but I wouldn't look her in the eyes. Not after what she did.

"But Chat," She went on, "I've been setting something up for you. For us. That's why I wasn't here!"

"No more Chaton, eh?" I replied. I finally turned around and looked her in the eyes. She was distancing from me and I wasn't sure why.

"Chat- Chaton please. I promise it took me a long time to set all this up and I just want you to be there. To be with me. Please come." She said.

"And you don't think it took me a long time to set this up? Ladybug, I don't know what's going on with you right now and why you didn't even bother to text me back. We had plans. Eiffel Tower at 8. Don't you remember? Why didn't you text me before to tell me we were changing locations?" I asked her. It was a lot to take in, I know, but I needed answers.

She was silent.

"I'm sorry but this is such a waste of time. I'm going home." I said.

"Please don't Chat. I really want and need you to come."

She was about to grab my hand but hesitated.

"I don't have cooties, Ladybug." I said jokingly. She didn't say anything but I could tell she wanted me to follow her.

"Fine," I responded, "but don't ever do that to me again. Promise?"

She chuckled as she said "Yeah okay."

"What kind of response was that?" I asked myself.

"So where exactly are we going M'lady?" I asked.

"It's a surprise. Just follow me."

And so I did. We were jumping, rooftop to rooftop, and soon we were somewhere I wasn't familiar with. Where are we? Maybe she found a new spot for us?

And I finally heard the words "we're here!" Where exactly was that? I looked around to see the thing she had been setting up for hours but I couldn't see anything. Just roofs, and buildings and- and LILA??

I looked back at Ladybug but she was vanishing in the flute as Lila blew into it. It was a trap. That- that wasn't Ladybug.

"WHERE IS SHE?" I yelled.

"You want to save her don't you? Well, she's in here." Lila said slyly. I peeked into the dark room and I saw her. She was sitting on a chair with her hands tied back.

"M'lady..." I whispered under my breath. "What do you want from her? From us?"

But before Lila could answer I heard the voice of the girl I loved.

"CHATON!" She yelled as she looked up. "Thank god you're here. I- I just needed to tell you that I love you. So, so much. Please say it back. Please bring me home." She cried with tears in her eyes.

"I love you too M'lady!" I yelled. I do, I really do. "I'm gonna get you out! Don't worry, I'll get you out!"

"NO! Chaton you promise, right?" She asked, holding up her pinky.

What was happening? Promise what? 

"I- I do! I promise!" I blurted out, holding my pinky up as well, without thinking too much about it. I was just trying to get her out after all. And then it hit me but it was too late.

"I, Ladybug, relinquish the miracle box and name Chat Noir the new guardian!" She yelled.

It all made sense now.

"No, no, NO, NO, NO! M'lady!" I yelled. But it had already been done. I just hoped she heard me say "I promise!" One Last Time.

Ladybug was detransforming and I had never moved faster. I quickly went in and grabbed her before anyone else in the room could see her true form. I took a glimpse of the room and I wasn't sure what I saw but I didn't care. I needed to get her out of there.

"Get them." Someone in the room said. Creatures and people were chasing me. I covered the girl in my arms hoping they wouldn't recognize her. I was faster than them and they lost me. I dropped into an alleyway, trying to catch my breath. And that's when it hit me. All I had been doing was running and I didn't stop to look at the girl in my arms. I was scared.

But there she was.

Marinette.