thirty two.

a/n: if you read my last two chapters where the akumatized person was julian, ive now changed it to felix! (this is only for the ppl that read it when this book was ongoing) So keep that in mind :)

~

MARINETTE'S POV

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien said as she saw green beams covering his whole body. In a matter of seconds Adrien was no longer here and Chat Noir was standing right in front of Ladybug. It felt good knowing she could count on him to help her but she didn't want to do this anymore. The feeling of being in the Ladybug suit only reminded her of what she went through before. All the stress, sadness and frustration was because of this very suit.

Out of impulse Ladybug said, "I don't think I can do this anymore." Her back was facing Chat and he took two steps towards her before turning her around.

"What's the matter?" He asked as he lifted her chin so she was forced to look into his piercing green eyes.

"I just remember being so vulnerable when I was in this suit last. I had to shut myself out of everyone's life and I couldn't talk to anyone about it. I just- I don't want to feel that pain again."

Maybe it was the stress of the moment but what she said slipped past both of them. She remembered.

He pulled her into a comforting hug and told her that if she really didn't feel comfortable doing this, she didn't have to. They both pulled away because of a sudden boom to their right. Felix was still there destroying Paris.

"So are you going to do it?" Chat asked her. She really had to think about it but she knew her personal problems were less important than all the Parisians.

"Yes," Ladybug said with a slight grin on her face. What she went through wouldn't happen again because this time she had Chat. Ladybug swung out of the alley while Chat used his staff to pull him up. Her eyes locked on Heartbreaker and she decided now was the time to use her lucky charm.

(time skip because i don't want to write this part)

"Miraculous Ladybug!" She felt like her yell echoed through the entirety of Paris but the rush of adrenaline was too good of a feeling. They did it. She did it. She opened her yo-yo and let the de-akumatized butterfly go.

Heartbreaker transformed into Felix and he was on the floor, confused about what just happened. Ladybug and Chat Noir quickly ran to him to ask if he was okay.

"Are you okay, Felix?"

"Get your hands off me." He got up, brushed the dust off his suit and just walked away.

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news! Today Paris was hit with a supervillain for the first time in a while and when we thought all was going wrong, Ladybug and Chat Noir stooped in to save the day! Look, there they are!" Nadia pointed her finger to the couple and signaled the camera man to focus on them walking.

They both gave a slight wave before Chat realized his ring and her earrings were beeping almost in sync.

"We gotta go now," he whispered into her ear while pulling her waist next to his. He extended his staff to an alleyway before letting go of her so they could both detransform.

"I'm sorry but I can't keep you Tikki." Marinette said her last goodbyes as she took her earrings off and put them back in the box then gave it back to Adrien. He took hold of it and put it in his back pocket so he wouldn't lose it.

"You were amazing out there," Adrien said with a smile.

"You weren't too bad yourself," she started saying but the tone of her voice switched almost immediately as she realized Alya and Nino were probably looking for them. "We gotta get back to school!"

Marinette started running but Adrien held her hand back, making her brake and almost trip over her own feet. "Why don't we do something else? You wanna go see a movie?"

"We have class, Adrien," she teased as she pushed his nose which made his head move away from her.

"You're no fun," Adrien pouted.

"Shut up we can go after school but if we don't leave now we're gonna be late!"

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!" Marinette grabbed Adrien's hand and they started speed walking towards the school so they wouldn't miss the bell.

-at school-

"Where the fuck were you guys?" Alya asked when she saw them both come through the school doors.

"We were just hiding until Felix was gone," Marinette replied, running up to Alya to give her a hug.

"Did you do anything else?" She asked half jokingly with a smirk starting to form on her face which made Marinette go red.

"Oh my god no of course not!"

"Yeah sure.." Alya said under her breath at the same time the school bell rang for the last period of the day. Marinette had science while Alya, Adrien and Nino had math. Her least favourite class for obvious reasons. Ms. Mendeleiev was the worst teacher in everyone's eyes and to make the class even worse, she gave them a seating plan and Marinette was next to Felix. It had been like this for months now and she refused to switch anyone because she simply liked the seats. Marinette did a few projects with Felix but this was going to be more awkward than ever.

She walked in and took her usual seat, the seat on the left at the back. She saw Felix walk in late and Ms. Mendeleiev scolded him for a minute before telling him to take his usual seat. His mouth formed into a grin which made his dimples pop out when he told Ms. Mendeleiev a joke which she was not very pleased with. He immediately frowned when he had to walk to his seat which he knew was next to Marinettes. She still felt bad about what she did and thought it was her fault Heartbreaker was formed so she wanted to apologize.

"Hey I'm sorry about before-"

"I don't even care about that anymore. You are so self centred thinking you're the only girl I asked." He whispered back. The conversation ended in an awkward place so she just decided to leave it there, but that was a choice she would learn to regret because he was far from done with her and Adrien.

creds: evening watch by venrin on deviantart