thirty three.

Marinette's eyes were completely focused on the pen she was twirling around her own fingers. This class was boring and she couldn't wait to get out so she could go on her date with Adrien. Ms. Mendeleiev's voice gradually got muffled until Marinette could no longer hear her and instead heard her own thoughts. She thought about being Ladybug again and how wrong it was to love being her. She loved the confidence she gained. She loved the attention. But in a way she felt like she was being dragged down the same rabbit hole she fell in before when she went through it.

"Marinette? MARINETTE!" Her thoughts immediately vanished when she heard the familiar croaky voice that belonged to Ms. Mendeleiev. "What is the answer to question number two?"

Marinette scrambled through the package of papers on her desk to look for the answer she got for number two but she wasn't quick enough.

"It's 250mL," Felix said with a growing smirk on his face.

"Thank you Felix. And pay attention Marinette or I will give you detention!" Marinette's cheeks were painted red and she tried to cool herself down but Felix was not going to let her do that.

"You should probably listen more dumbass." His immature words only made her cheeks go more red and she looked to her left so he couldn't see what he did to her.

-bell rings-

Finally. Marinette rushed out of there before Ms. Mendeleiev could scold her and she went to find Adrien. She was a few meters out of her class and she saw the green eyed boy on the stairs of the school. Their eyes locked and it made her blush a little. They didn't break eye contact until he finally got to the bottom of the steps and put his arm around her shoulder, letting his hand hang over her collarbone.

"You guys are so in love, it's disgusting," Alya joked. "Anyways, you two have fun and we're gonna go now." She gave a light wave before dragging Nino to leave with her.

Marinette turned to Adrien and asked, "You sure your dad is gonna let you go out?"

"He's on a business trip in Japan right now with Nathalie so what he doesn't know can't hurt him. And my bodyguard is preoccupied with his- um- action figures so he'll be okay."

"Okay great. Let's go then!" He grabbed her left hand and interlocked his fingers with hers. They both walked out of the school and the people that were talking about them because of Adrien's grand announcement were surrounding them. When they took the sharp exit turn, Marinette saw Felix looking at them in disgust and also in anger. She looked away immediately and decided to ignore that nasty look on his face.

"We're here, Princess." Adrien smiled when he saw the huge sign labelled "CINEMA" with the lightbulbs surrounding it. He had always been supervised so seeing the sign made him so content and made him realize how much freedom he had in this very moment.

MARINETTE'S POV

"Did you have a movie in mind?" I asked, scanning the posters hanging outside the walls.

I looked to the boy on my left and saw him smiling ear to ear when he was looking at the poster he wanted to see. Adrien smiling made me smile as well so I looked at the poster too.

"Solitude if that's okay with you. My mom's in it and I've never gotten the chance to see it before." He was looking at the poster for a good while and admired his mother. I could tell how much he truly missed her through his eyes.

"Of course we can," I replied. He took hold of my hand and we walked up to the ticket booth and bought two tickets for "Solitude." We got popcorn, pop and snacks then we took our seats in theatre 8. The movie began and I couldn't help but notice how truly happy Adrien was when he got to see his mom again. He glimpsed at me for a second before putting his right arm around my shoulders and I leaned into his touch. We stayed like that for the rest of the movie.

When the movie ended, we talked about it for a while until we both agreed to go out and get something to eat. I really hoped Adrien didn't hear the constant gurgling in my stomach. We walked for 10 minutes but didn't find anything to eat so we just decided to go into a McDonalds and get some burgers and ice cream.

"Marinette?"

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Can I just get what you're getting? I've-," his face turned into a light shade of red, "I've never been inside of one before." His confession made me laugh and he just got more embarrassed and turned away. I grabbed his shoulder and turned him around to face me and I held his face with my two small hands, caressing his cheek in a circular motion before getting on my tippy toes to give him a small kiss.

"Come on Kitty, let's get you some food."

After I finished eating, I had another sudden rush of Adrenaline and I wanted to go farther and farther along the shore of Paris, dragging Adrien along with me. We walked around the streets until the sky was painted black but that didn't stop us. It was just him and I forever.

We ran into empty streets and just danced until we saw a car coming and quickly ran out of the way, getting occasional beeps.

"You're crazy, you know that?" Adrien said with his messy hair and out of breath voice.

"You fell in love with that crazy girl. You know that?" I smirked, mocking him. Apparently he didn't like my response so he lifted me up off the ground which I didn't expect so I screamed a little.

He moved his face closer to mine, my legs still floating in the air and he whispered, "I'm fully aware of who I fell in love with, Princess." I ran my hands through his messy hair and wrapped my legs around his torso so I was in a more comfortable position to pull my face closer and press my lips against his. He pulled away and I thought I'd done something wrong but the look in his eyes proved otherwise. His eyes held mine and I could feel my heart thumping out of my chest.

"I love you so much, Princess," he smiled. I could feel my eyes start to soften at his comment and I felt a kind of deja vu. Maybe it was reminding me of the time I snuck out to go roam the streets with Chat Noir but it wasn't that. I thought harder and harder and harder until it felt like a bomb went off in my brain. I saw what appeared to be a sudden flash of light and I realized where I felt deja vu again. Time stopped. It literally stopped while a "film" played in my head.

-her mind, third person-

"We're supposed to be patrolling Chaton! Why are we just walking around instead?"

Chat Noir stopped her and pulled her closer to him.

"I love you so much, M'lady."

"Yeah, I know you do."

Another memory plays.

"What movie are we even watching?"

"Shh, you'll like it for sure, Bugaboo." He tried to be slick with it and pretend he had to yawn but put his arm around her which made her blush.

More and more memories begin to flood back to her. The patrolling, being Ladybug, the akuma attacks, the fights, the jokes, the names, her huge crush on Adrien, everything. Marinette let out a big gasp before she shifted back to reality.

"Princess? Are you okay?" Adrien saw how terrified she looked and tried figuring out what the problem was. He put her down and when she didn't answer and looked like she was still gasping for air, he was one tap away from calling the ambulance.

But her eyes finally found his again and she looked into them, really looked into them.

"Chaton?"

~

If you've watched tvd (SPOILERS) then marinette getting her memory back is supposed to look like elena when she got hers (so like the flashing and her gasping and stuff)

I LOVE THE END OF THIS CHAPTER LOL + i think there's only going to be a few more parts :)