thirty seven.

MARINETTE'S POV

The day before junior prom was coming closer and closer. That Friday was pretty much the same for me. I woke up, got dressed, went to school, had Felix look at me weirdly again and just stayed after school to talk to some of my friends. It should've been a normal Friday but for obvious reasons, it was not. Sure, a prom was just a silly dance that some people attended but most people were actually taking it quite seriously.

"I've hired a five star makeup artist and I have the most expensive dress money can buy!" Chloe said with her irritating voice.

"That's cool Chloe," I complimented, trying not to show off how much I didn't care. "Who are you taking with you?"

Chloe's cheeks flushed almost immediately and she turned her head to find Sabrina behind her, looking for her approval. "Oh I'm going with Sabrina. I actually asked her if she wanted to go with me." Chloe and Sabrina? I had no clue they were a thing but I see how they fit together.

"It's quite obvious you're going with Adrien, Dupain-Cheng. The whole school is still talking about it. I don't know why though."

I was about to respond but I suddenly felt a gust of cold air behind me. I already knew who it was when the smell of cinnamon crept into my nose. The quick movements of Adrien made my whole body fill with goosebumps as he lay his arms on my shoulders, letting his hands clasped together in front of me and placed his chin on top of my head.

"I heard my name. What's going on?" He asked.

"Oh nothing. We were just talking about prom and I just mentioned that you were going with Dupain-Cheng," Chloe replied. I felt his head nodding, since it was still on top of mine, and I nodded as well, trying to copy his motion.

"Okay well me and Sabrina have to go now so bye!" Chloe sang as she walked past the both of us, leaving us in the middle of the school floor.

"You wanna get outta here too, Princess?" Adrien grinned when he could finally call me 'Princess' again. "I actually need your help finding the right shade of pink for my tie so we can go look now if you aren't doing anything."

"Yeah sure we can go now." He let go of me, making me feel cold again but then he picked me up and placed me down on the passenger seat of his car. He drove with one hand on the steering wheel and the other rested in my hand.

~

"This is it," he said, reverse parking into a spot behind the tux store. I opened the car door and got out, but Adrien came to my side and told me to get back in.

"Wait, sit back down!"

"Why?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face.

"I wanted to open the door for you," he smiled.

"My goodness Adrien you are so extra," I laughed but did as he said. I went back into the car and sat down. He opened the door after five seconds.

"For you, M'lady," he laughed slightly as he held my hand as I walked out.

"Thank you so much, kind sir!" I teased. We walked into the store he brought me to and I tried navigating myself but I didn't know where anything was located. I strolled around the store for a minute until I finally saw Adrien looking at a wide variety of coloured ties. I looked with him and tried my best to find the exact shade my dress was.

"Something like this?" he asked, pointing to a hot pink colour.

"No, more like this," I said, pointing to the pale pink tie colour that was at the very top of the shelf. He looked at the tie, then back at me, then back at the tie and back at me one more time and smiled.