twenty five.

Marinette had another dream about the Ladybug and Chat Noir. They were on the top of a roof and there were candles and roses. She was jealous to say the least but it looked like Ladybug just left him there; rejecting him once again. Was that Chat Noir's secret girlfriend that he didn't tell Marinette about?

She was still half asleep so she gracefully smacked her alarm clock for five more minutes of closing her eyes, visualizing her and Chat together on the street, trying to forget about the dream she just had. She wanted to go out with him and occasionally go for walks during the day but people would find it silly if they saw their beloved superhero doing those things.

But still, everything about that night was perfect. Chat, the talk, the confirmation that they loved each other, the rain, everything. *BEEP* Marinette immediately snapped back to reality when her alarm clock went off again. Five minutes had passed, even though it felt like five seconds, and Marinette dragged herself out of her bed, waiting for her feet to touch the ground. When she got to her floor, she went to the bathroom to freshen up. Her dark circles were very visible so she decided to put on a little concealer to cover them.

There was a half day at school today so Marinette was planning to spend the rest of her after school day reading her diary. She only got past the first page because she had no time to go through it the day before.

-at school-

"You're looking better today! How are you feeling?" Alya asked.

"Why thank you. And I'm doing so much better after last nig- yesterday."

"Got something to tell me?" Alya grinned.

"No.." Marinette held her smile back and Alya decided not to push what she was hiding out. Marinette was feeling better and that's the only thing that mattered. Marinette and Alya walked into Miss Bustiers class together and said their goodbyes as they went to sit in their seats.

"Hey Adrien!" Marinette excitedly said.

"Hey. You look happy today!" He grinned.

"I am happy today. Oh also can I talk to you about something?" She asked as she looked into those familiar emerald eyes she always got lost in.

Adrien waved his hand in front of her face and told her, "You zoned out. And yeah sure. What about?"

"Okay well," she started to whisper to make sure no one else was listening. "How did you know?"

Adrien wasn't trying to be confused but he was. "Uhh know what?"

"You told Alya I was kidnapped and you saved me. Maybe she told me wrong but still, how did you know?"

One thing was for sure and that was that this wasn't good. He hadn't thought much about what he told Alya but he may have given too much information. Think of something quick.

"Well uhm.." He couldn't come up with anything on the spot and was starting to panic.

"This situation smells like rotten cheese, Adrien!" Plagg whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"I- heard you yell and I thought the best bet was to call Chat Noir because the police suck. Then I told him where I heard you scream so I said I saved you because I called him. I just assumed you were getting kidnapped but I could've been wrong. I didn't physically save you, I mean how could I?" Sweat was starting to form on Adriens forehead because he wasn't sure if Marinette would believe this stupid made up lie or not.

"Really? Well thank you for doing that. The trauma is still here but it's getting better." Marinette gave him a light smile and broke eye contact so she could actually hear the lesson. Adrien let out a sigh of relief but he knew he had to tell her before she found out herself. I mean there were so many things he did that would make it seem obvious and this wasn't helping.

-end of class-

"Adrien?" Marinette muttered before he could fully get out of his seat.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks again. I honestly don't know where I'd be if you didn't do that the other day." Adrien let out a little smile.

"No problem. Just be careful and call me next time, okay?"

"Of course." They walked out of the room and walked away, Marinette with Alya and Adrien with Nino. Marinette found it less awkward to talk to him now and she could almost consider him her good friend. She thought all her feelings for Adrien had gone now but there was something about him that wasn't allowing her to do that. She just decided to forget about it and thought that she still had a little crush only because she's liked him for so long.

Marinette and Alya looked to their right and saw Kim jump off the stairs from the eighth step.

"Remember when he did that last year too?" Alya chuckled.

"Uh no not really." Marinette had a puzzled look on her face.

"You really don't? We changed the group chat name to kim's flat face because he landed face first!"

"Oh yeah!" She lied but she didn't want to tell Alya the truth. "Okay well I'll see you later!" Marinette waved goodbye to Alya so she could go home for the rest of the day. She could finally read her diary with no distractions. She got into her room, set her bag down, closed the trap door and unlocked the box that contained her memories from the last 3 years.

September 3rd 2017

School starts tomorrow and I really don't want to go. I hate being that person that gets picked last purely because I don't have anyone that would want to be my partner. And when they do it's because they know I know what I'm doing so they basically use me for marks. I'm not ready to go back. During the summer I felt alone but school would be even worse.

Marinette

It was pretty hard for her to read all of this again because she remembered how it felt to be in that position. She flipped the page and the amount of writing on it was surprising. Something actually happened!

September 4th 2017

Today was crazy. Okay first things first I made a friend! Her name is Alya and she's pretty cool if you ask me. Chloe being Chloe picked on me again and told me to move out of my seat because this Adrien guy was coming. Alya stood up for me and we became friends. It's nice having someone to talk to. But that wasn't even the craziest part of today! I went home and opened my bag expecting homework but Tikki came out! It was terrifying at first because she could go through walls and she could talk but she told me I was the holder of the Ladybug miraculous. She said Hawkmoth was trying to get this miraculous but I could also defeat him with it. I was skeptical at first but I put the earrings on and transformed. I went to meet up with Chat Noir after Tikki told me the plan but he didn't follow it. He was pretty cute though. We fought the big stone monster which was Ivan and I forgot to catch the akuma which made it multiply. I thought I wasn't worthy but Tikki told me I was the chosen one. Ivan lost his temper again and so many stone giants were swarming Paris. I thought it was my fault but Chat Noir reassured me and told me we would defeat them together. We ended up doing just that and put our fists together. There was lots of pressure on me today but I'm glad Paris has protectors now and I'm glad it's just the two of us against the world. And I was on the news! I probably have to get used to that now but it's so cool! After that, I had to go back to school and Adrien told me he was trying to take the gum off my seat from earlier. He gave me his umbrella and I think a teensy tiny crush formed from that action. That's all. My life is finally taking a turn for the better.

Marinette

She immediately dropped the diary and turned her laptop on. If this was true, the Ladybug in her dreams wasn't Chat's secret girlfriend, it was her. But why didn't he tell her?

"Ladybug and Chat Noir save Paris." She put that into google and eyed the loading screen, impatiently waiting for the articles to appear on the screen. There it was. The "stoneheart" akumatized victim and Ladybug and Chat posing for the photos. Marinette read through the articles and she wrote every detail in her diary perfectly. Her breathing was not consistent anymore as she flipped through the diary and saw more entries about her time with Chat Noir. Now she knew. She was in fact Ladybug but one thing still puzzled her. Why didn't she remember?