twenty nine.

"Marinette. I- need to tell you something."

Before any words could slip out of Marinette's mouth three slipped out of Chat Noirs first.

"Plagg, claws in." Marinette watched as green rays flashed around the boy she fell in love with. She was always curious as to whose face belonged under that mask but she didn't expect all the answers so suddenly. Marinette felt time stop, felt as if the green rays would never stop flashing. She shut her eyes, hoping that he would stop, hoping that she could give herself enough time to prepare for this moment.

She felt the figure of Chat's civilian form drawing nearer and she felt a little startled when she felt his hand touch her shoulder.

"Promise me you won't be disappointed." Maybe she was just feeling delirious but she could've sworn that voice belonged to Adrien Agreste, the boy she just admitted she was falling for again.

Low and behold, her bluebell eyes met those lustrous green, the same eyes that she fell in love with, twice, and suddenly the huge picture she had in her head was more clear now and a lot smaller. Adrien said he saved her because he was Chat Noir. She told Adrien he would make an amazing Chat Noir because he was him. Adrien cared so much about her because of everything she told Chat. It was so obvious the whole time but somehow she still managed to fall in love with both sides of Adrien.

But now this was just embarrassing. She split her heart out to Chat Noir about his other half just for the other half to show up saying that he was actually Chat Noir the whole time.

Marinette was too lost in her thoughts to respond to Adriens previous words.

"Say something. Please."

Her cheeks were painted with a rosy red colour as she continued to stare into Adrien's eyes. She fell in love with him twice but it made perfect sense. Who else could be that humorous, brave, kind hearted boy? Of course her kitty was Adrien. She couldn't believe her luck but she was sure they were meant to be.

"I can't believe it."

Adrien's throat got dry. He didn't know what she meant and he needed some elaboration.

"You gave me no reason to be disappointed. I just- I can't believe you were him all along. If you told me before, this would've saved me a lot of heartbreak! But now everything is so clear. I didn't 'fall in love twice,' or maybe I did, but I fell in love twice with you. It's always been you and it's always going to be you."

I don't know about you, but I know for a fact these two are soulmates.

"Same with me," Adrien started to say, getting a little closer to Marinette's face. "After everything with Ladybug, I thought it would be impossible to love anyone as much as I loved her again. You proved me wrong. You showed me the other side of Ladybug I've never seen before and it made me fall in love with you so much more. You showed me how it felt to love someone so much, your heart begins to ache."

Plagg was hiding behind one of Marinette's chairs that lay on her balcony and said, "Took them long enough. They are so stubborn sometimes."

Marinette thought Adrien could hear the thumping of her heart through her chest and Adrien thought the same. No communication was happening anymore. Just the tension of them looking into each other's eyes, Adrien observing every detail of Marinettes. He never realized how many shades of blue were in them. The ocean, the sky and even the colour of sapphires were in the beautiful eyes.

Plagg got tired of the two love birds just staring at each other so he decided to add some action. He crept up behind Adrien, out of Marinette's sight, and pushed him slightly. Adrien's hands landed exactly where Plagg wanted them to, cupping Marinette's face. Adrien knew his hands didn't magically move by gravity so he was uncertain what to do next because of the sudden motion.

Adrien pressed his lips on Marinette's forehead, giving her a light kiss. It was enough for both of them right now as they were both still in shock.

"Wait," Marinette said, kind of ruining the moment, "What are we going to tell the others?"

It was a genuine question, just the wrong time to ask.

"I- don't know. What are we though? Like you and me, not Chat Noir."

"I'm just gonna say I want to be more than friends. No one knew you- I mean Chat and me were together but Alya. She doesn't need to know everything. I could just say it didn't work out with him."

"Marinette, I've always loved you and I want to be with you."

Marinette's happiness showed through her facial expressions. She leaned in and fluttered her eyes closed. The only thing that separated their lips was the air surrounding them. She pressed her lips against his, lightly, but pulled away in shock when she heard a high pitched raspy voice.

"Can you wrap this up? I'm sooo hungry and I'm exhausted."

"Plagg, are you serious?" Adrien asked in disbelief.

"Yeah kinda."

Marinette was confused at what she was looking at. It looked like a bug, or a mouse, probably a bug-mouse!

"Sorry Marinette, I gotta go now because of Plagg." Adrien said.

"What is that?" She asked and for a second, Adrien forgot she didn't remember.

"It's my kwami. His name is Plagg and he's what helps me transform into Chat Noir."

"Yeah and this kwami is tired and hungry so we're going to go now. Also it's good to see you again, Marinette." Plagg groaned.

"I'll see you later Kitty." Just because Chat Noir revealed his identity didn't mean she would ever stop calling him that.

"You too Princess." He transformed into Chat Noir in front of Marinette and gave her one last smile before heading back to his house.

Marinette just stood there for a good 5 minutes trying to process what just happened. She was shocked and didn't expect that to happen that night. She eventually went back into her room and immediately got her phone to text Alya.

-20 minutes later, Adrien's room-

Plagg, come on! We already gave you so much camembert! Just tell us what happened!" Trixx pleaded.

"Okay fine. He did it." Plagg said tiredly but all the kwamis were filled with excitement. They didn't need any elaboration. They knew exactly what those three words meant and were counting down the days for it to come."

"Finally! Adrien finally revealed himself to her!" Xuppu exclaimed.

"I knew it. Master told me they were made for each other," Wayzz said sadly as he remembered Master Fu.

"I just know Marinette is happy," Tikki whispered under her breath. She missed Marinette more than ever but knowing she was doing well made her happier.