forty.

CHAT NOIR'S/ADRIEN'S POV

"How did you-"

"I'm Bunnix." She looked at me like I was supposed to know what that meant but obviously I didn't. Who was Bunnix?

"Who?" My eyes were still flooding with tears, endless tears that would never stop flowing, but I didn't want to cry in front of her. Not right now.

"Oh right, silly me! I forgot you didn't know me yet. I am the holder of the bunny miraculous and my job is to make sure you guys don't screw with the timeline which, surprise! You just did. Come, in my burrow!" The words that were coming out of Bunnix's mouth made no sense to me at all. What was a burrow? What timeline? Did she know the future? I didn't object though and followed her into the white, shining, portal-like circle. The inside was huge. There were smaller circles displaying what looked like events from the past.

I looked back to see Bunnix holding down on past events and the two people in them were clear. It was me and Marinette. Us on her balcony, at school, bakery, walking, that one time we danced in the rain. It was all there, stored in this "room."

"This is really serious. Normally, we try our best not to interfere with past, present, or even future events but this is really important. Let me show you what happened next." She motioned me towards the glowing circle and I went through with her. It was- terrible. The world was so dull and blue and boring. What happened to Paris?

"What happened?" I asked, looking around to see if I could spot any sight of colour, but there was none. This wasn't the Paris I grew up to love.

"You happened. After that thing two years ago-"

"What thing two years ago?" She looked at me oddly but then remembered our timelines were completely different.

"The thing that happened tonight. When Marinette," she hesitated but kept going after a few seconds. "When Marinette died, you couldn't take it. You couldn't believe what you were seeing and that heartbreak turned into anger. You were so angry, Chat. You fought off the two men holding you together and ran towards Marinette but he got to you first. Your dad akumatized you and it was strong. The emotions you had were strong, maybe even too strong but that's exactly what he wanted. He wanted you to feel pain and suffering just so he could akumatize you."

My own dad, the one I told Marinette to say he always loved you when I died, betrayed me? I already knew what he did to Marinette was unforgivable but using my vulnerability to make some sort of super villain was just wrong in so many ways. I didn't love him at all. I hated him.

"You gave in because of your misery but not to listen to him. Chat Blanc was your name and he gave you the infinite power of destruction but you didn't use it to please him. Instead, you did the opposite. You first destroyed him then somehow, you got out of control and it turned into this." She pointed to the new Paris surrounding us. All of this was my fault?

"And that's you," she whispered. "Best he not hear us. We can't interfere." I haven't said a word since she started her explanation and now I was looking at Chat Blanc; at me. I did this. Some part of me was capable of ending it all. I did this.

I was still looking at me, sitting on a rooftop but I wasn't alone. Not completely. Marinette lay in the same coffin I saw my mother in. She looked like she was sleeping but that obviously wasn't the case. I was a maniac, trying to keep her alive for two years and having no one but her for company which didn't seem like much. I was just like him.

"We've got to work quickly. Only a few hours after this is when you decide to trigger the end of the world," Bunnix explained.

"How do I fix this? What do I need to do?" I asked, slowly approaching myself but she stopped me.