twenty.

(the park isn't as close to marinette's house as it is in the mlb world for this)

ADRIEN POV
"Nothing." I said, still smirking. I could feel my smirk being held but I couldn't stop smiling. I tried to loosen my face but when I repeated what she said in my head it just came back.

"I'm just happy you're happy." I said, which made her smile too. That was a good catch but she still seemed suspicious about me.

"Okay, anddd we're done!" She exclaimed, writing the last word at the bottom of the page. We finished and the bell rang just in time. I handed my sheet in and so did she and we walked out of the class together.

"Okay well I'll see you tomorrow." I said. That wasn't completely true because I was going to see her tonight but she didn't know that.

"Okay see-" She started but was interrupted by Kim yelling from the second floor office.

"We're meeting up in the park. Be there! I'll text you the deets." He managed to say before Mr. Damocles dragged him back into his office.

"Are you going to go?" I asked Marinette and she said she wasn't sure but she would tell me before if she was. We said goodbye and she turned right while I waited for my ride. Then I checked my phone and got a notification from the class group chat.

-Kim kicked Max out of the groupchat-

KIM
Dudes meet at the park at 7 for Max's birthday

It's a surprise so don't tell him

Your coming idc what you have planned

ALYA
you're*

KIM
Shut up

ME
I have to ask my father if I can go but I'll try my best.

KIM
Daddy problems

MARINETTE
i can come & bring a cake

KIM
Yeah sure just bring whatever

Marinette was going? Now I wanted to go to talk to her. I feel like she thinks I think it's weird that she rejected me but I don't know how to tell her I'm fine with it. I looked up and saw Nathalie telling me to come in the car to go back home. When I got in I asked her if I could go.

"A few friends and I are meeting up at the park for Max's birthday. It's a surprise and I really want to go. Can I? Please?" I pleaded.

"I'll have to ask your father but I'd say no." She replied sternly. Why was I never allowed to go anywhere?

"Okay fine then. I won't go." I said. This was actually better because I could just sneak out as Chat Noir and they wont suspect a thing.

"It's fine, we're not even close anyways." I told her and in seconds, the thought vanished from her mind and we were talking about something else.

"How was school?" She asked. It was wild today. So much happened but I just decided to say a simple, "good." So I didn't have to go into it. When I got home, I went into my room to start my homework, watching the time so I could sneak out for Max's birthday.

- five minutes before seven -

Adrien was once again sneaking out. It's much easier to do that when you have a suit made for jumping out of places. He told Nathalie he was just going to eat in his room today and practice piano. He still doesn't know how she hasn't seen through him yet but as long as it's still working, it's fine. He put piano music on and left the room as Chat Noir and landed in an alley to detransform and gave Plagg a piece of camembert cheese.