twenty two.

(a/n: this chapter looks long but once again it's just a lot of texting)

That night was rough for Marinette. She started getting nightmares about being abducted and worse, being killed. She imagined all the things the men would do to her if they brought her to Hawkmoth. Then something weird popped up in her dream. More like someone. She looked in the mirror and she had a red and black ladybug suit on. Who was this? Marinette got up from all the shock and was drenched in her sweat.

"Hey, you okay?" Chat said sleepy, rubbing her back to try and calm her down.

"I'm- having nightmares. They're getting really bad." Chat wrapped his arms around her, bringing her comfort. He wanted to ask her what the nightmares were about but he didn't want her to think about it much.

"I'm here, don't worry." They went back to sleep but the Ladybug lady in Marinette's dream kept popping up. She couldn't make out what she was saying exactly but then she saw Chat Noir with her! Who was this?

-in the morning-

Chat woke up with Marinette's arms around him. She was cuddled into his chest and his arms were around her torso. He didn't want to move or get up but he had to get to school. He got up slowly, trying not to wake Marinette up and went down to her desk to write a quick note.

"I hope you feel better today! I'll be back later. Also I stole a dollar." He placed the note on her forehead and hopped out of the room to go back to his mansion. What a night. He put the dollar in an envelope and realized he finally had enough money to get her the surprise.

He went downstairs and made some instant coffee for himself because he barely got any sleep last night. Then he remembered the events of last night. He almost killed someone. Marinette got kidnapped. The kiss. But what were they now? He knew that the hardest part of today was trying to pretend he wasn't in love with her as Adrien.

~

Marinette woke up and felt something on her forehead. She wrinkled her face, trying to get it off but it didn't work so she wacked her face and felt corners. Her eyes peaked open and she grabbed the thing and saw it was a sticky note. She read Chat's very messy note and chuckled at it. Then she also remembered. She almost died. Marinette really didn't feel like going to school so she went downstairs and told her mom she wasn't feeling well, not mentioning the events of the previous night.

-at school-

"Has anyone seen Marinette?" Alya asked around but everyone shook their heads. She started to get super concerned for her best friend because ever since she made Adrien walk her home, she started ignoring her texts. Alya thought Marinette was upset with her which made her feel bad about what she did.

She saw Adrien walk up to the school and she asked him where Marinette was.

"Marinette? Oh I dunno, I thought she would be here."

"Adrien, what exactly happened last night? Was it really that bad? Cause she's ignoring all my texts and I don't know if I did something wrong." Alya shoved her phone in front of Adrien's face, making sure he saw the unread text messages.

"Well it's not my place to tell you but something pretty traumatic happened to her last night. She's fine though- well I think. Lets just say we said goodbye then I heard her scream and I went to save her. Just ask her yourself." Adrien replied.

"Oh alright. Thanks." Alya immediately took out her phone again and there it was, a notification from Marinette.

ALYA
girllll hows it going
sent at 10:25