thirty nine.

MARINETTE'S POV

He knew. He knew I was Ladybug, but how? "What did you just say?" My voice shook, thinking about what he was doing just minutes ago, but it felt so insignificant now. My hand was still on the door handle but all my weight couldn't make it budge.

"You heard me. I know everything," He worded it like that was a threat and in most ways, it was. I get it now. I get it all. There turned out to be a reason why he was writing about me in class and why he was constantly watching me. "Remember that night when Chat Noir revealed himself? Yeah well I was just 50 feet below you, watching the whole thing."

"So you've been fucking stalking us? Watching us?" I angrily said in disbelief. I wondered about all the other things he must've seen because it was no coincidence that he was just at the door of my bakery at 12am trying to buy some croissants.

"I wouldn't call it stalking. More like," he paused. "Spying."

"That's the same exact thing, just worded differently you fucking creep. Why were you watching us? And where are you taking me? And where is Adrien? Is he okay?" I didn't realize just how many questions I asked and completely forgot about his warning.

"Didn't I tell you not to talk? And If telling you would make you shut the hell up, I'm taking you to Hawkmoth." My heart dropped. I shook the door harder. I had no one, nothing to defend me at this moment and I knew going to him wouldn't end well.

"Where's Adrien?!" I asked again, him being my only real concern. Then suddenly, my mind blanked out. A sharp pain was felt in my left arm and the last thing I remember seeing was the pitch black sky and Felix, holding a needle in his hand.

THIRD PERSON

"You'll be awake when we get there." He whispered, quiet enough to make it seem like he was talking to himself.

~

Marinette opened her eyes slowly and looked around her. There were loads and loads of silver bars surrounding her. She now knew she was being held captive, by her truest enemy, Hawkmoth. Her eyes immediately scanned the room for Adrien, hoping he was around. Hoping he was alive. He was, after all, the guardian, making him a much bigger target than her.

Marinette kept looking, going on her tippie toes to look at the higher areas she may have missed and went down low but nothing. She gripped her hands around two of the bars, her left hand being three bards away from her right, and shook. It didn't budge.

She didn't ask to be let out. She didn't ask for answers. All she said was, "Where's Adrien?"

She let go of the bars and walked backwards until she felt her back hit the ones behind her and slid until she was on the ground. Her elbows, on her legs and her hands, covering her eyes. "Don't cry. He's okay." She reassured herself in quiet whispers. Where is he? Why won't they bring him to me?

Just when she was mentally interrogating herself, a key turned and opened the lock which kept her in there. There he was. Adrien but in his suit. Chat Noir. Felix held him by the arm and opened the cage door just enough for him to throw Chat in and lock the door as quickly as he could, making sure Marinette couldn't get out.

"Oh my god, Adrien!" Marinette's voice quivered as she brought him down with her, at the bottom, and wrapped her arms around him and let her head rest on his shoulder. "I thought I lost you," she whispered into his ear. She closed her eyes, attempting to take in the 10 seconds of comfort before everything went downhill. Maybe it wouldn't but her gut feeling was saying otherwise.

Marinette pulled away but didn't let go of him. She kept her hands wrapped around his neck but stretched them further so she could look him in the eyes. There they were.