thirty four.

Everything seemed perfect for these two -- no, everything was perfect. She remembered. She really remembered him before everything happened and somehow managed to fall right back in love with him as a complete stranger again. But now she was at a shock of words. Everything from the past three years was flooding back to her in two seconds and it was overwhelming to say the least.

~

"Chaton?" She mumbled his old nickname and she didn't think he would hear her but he did, loud and clear.

"What did you just say, Mari?" He asked, still trying to figure out what was happening to her.

"Chaton," she said more surely this time. Her heart was still racing, her breathing and mind were all over the place but she knew one thing for sure; he did it. He kept her promise. He brought her back.

"Only Ladybug called me that-"

"Yeah no shit Sherlock, who do you think I am?" Marinette said, cutting him off. Adrien was confused at first, being the blind blonde boy he was, but soon caught on to what she was saying.

"Ladybug?" He uttered in disbelief. "Wait you- you remember me?"

"It just came back to me. I remember everything, Kitty," she smiled.

"How is that even possible?"

"I- I don't know. Maybe we triggered something in my mind today or maybe-" He didn't let her finish and pressed his lips against hers. He was also in disbelief because he never thought he would be the person to bring her back. Adrien was mad at himself all the time because every day that passed was one he wasted not trying to bring her back. But he did it. He fulfilled all her promises. He never gave up on it, not once.

He pulled away and asked, just to be sure, "you remember me?"

She looked up at him and smiled. "Of course I remember you. How could I not?"

He didn't respond with words and instead gave her a light forehead kiss followed by a smile.

"I think I need to lie down though. My heading is spinning in circles."

"C'mere," he said, picking her up bridal style and walking her home, letting her head fall onto his shoulder.

-10 minutes later-

Adrien's arms were holding up fine but they were starting to ache. Suddenly, she opened her eyes for a second and looked around to see how much longer it would take for her to be back in her bed.

"Wait Kitty," Marinette mumbled, trying to keep her eyes open.

"Mhm?" He hummed in response.

"Don't go through the front door. My parents will see you."

"But you've been with me all day. They don't even know if you're home yet." When Adrien finished talking and Marinette finished processing, she jumped out of his arms with a panicked look on her face.

"SHIT! I haven't checked my phone since we left school!" She dug her hand through her purse and picked up her phone. Five missed calls and fifteen text messages.

"They're going to kill me. If they see me come home at this time they are going to murder me for that and for not checking my phone. Adrien, I'm dying tonight!" Marinette was still looking down at her phone, reading the messages from her mom and dad.

MOM
Where are you sweetie?
Text me when you can please
sent 3 hours ago

Where are you? It's a school night.
sent 2 hours ago

She decided to stop reading the texts due to Adrien frantically waving his hand in front of face.

"Mari? I have an idea."

"If it wont get me killed then sure go ahead. Tell me." She didn't mean to have that annoying tone in her voice and immediately regretted talking to him like that. "I'm sorry, I just don't want my parents to lose their trust in me."

"It's fine. Anyways why don't you just say you're with Alya right now having a sleepover? And say your phone died so that's the reason you couldn't call them."

"Adrien you are a genius. But I can't actually go to Alya's right now. Would I just stay in the park?" She pointed out.

"You can stay at mine for the night."

Her eyes popped out of place as she took her eyes off her phone to look at him. She'd barely been inside his house and now he wanted her to spend the night? She wanted to go with him because she had no other place to go for the night and it wasn't like she was scared, just unexpected.

"My dad isn't home and if you're uncomfortable we don't have to- you know- do anything," he chuckled, putting his arm behind his head to make this conversation less awkward.

"Um yeah okay sure. As long as your dad isn't there it'll be fine I guess."

"Alright. Wanna get there faster?" He grinned.

"Sure. How?"

"Chat Noir obviously," he laughed before running behind a building to transform. Marinette took that time to text her mom back (finally.)

MARINETTE
hey mom im so so sorry for not responding faster
my phone died and there were no charging ports anywhere so i just got to alyas to get it charged and i think i'm just going to spend the night here
i'm so sorry once again. it won't happen again
i love you, i'll see you tomorrow :)
seen at 10:47

MOM
Sweetie, you had me worried sick!
Okay that's alright just please don't do that again.
I love you too.

Marinette smiled at her mom's sweet texts but she screamed when someone crept up behind her and grabbed her by the waist. She turned around to see Chat Noir laughing at her face.

"You should see your face right now! That was hilarious," he said, still laughing at her.

"Shut up," she mumbled, feeling heat creep to her cheeks.

"Did I embarrass you, Princess?"

"Whatever, let's just go, Chaton." Hearing Chaton come out of her mouth was a sound that would never get old every time he heard it.

"Your wish is my command, Princess." He lifted her up off the ground and jumped back to his mansion, really hoping he cleaned his room before. They got to his crystal clear windows and he creaked the middle one open for them to slip inside. He let her in first, holding her by the waist and moving his arms down until he felt her legs touch the floor. He jumped in next then closed the window.

"I'll get the lights," he said, walking towards the light switch. The lights turned on and it took a good second for their eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness. He said his detransformation words and got out of his suit.

"Do you have anything I can change into? I look and feel disgusting," she asked, gazing at herself in the mirror.

"Um yeah one second," Adrien replied, digging through his drawers. "Here," he said while throwing her one of his oversized t-shirts. "And you don't look disgusting. You're beautiful."

"Oh shut up you don't have to lie to me."

"It wasn't a lie, Princess. You look beautiful as always." Marinette's cheeks started heating up again and she didn't want him to see that. She turned away quickly and opened the bathroom door.