thirteen.

"Why can't I just go and see her now?" Adrien asked himself. If he did go, he knew he wouldn't be able to explain anything. But he knew Marinette would never forgive him. Adrien just wanted to be around her, to see her. Oh did I forget to mention he got grounded? Nathalie told him, "stay in your room and think about your actions."

"Are you my mom..? No? Oh right I forgot she's dead!" Was Adrien's reply. He didn't mean it like that and what he said came out all wrong. But he was so pissed and just needed to see Marinette. He had to leave the prison cell he was stuck in. The window cracked open, Adrien played piano music from his phone, he transformed in the washroom, and Chat Noir flew out of the window in a matter of seconds.

He was jumping from roof to roof, wishing he could move faster. He looked up at the balcony but saw a- was that a pigeon feather? He kept going faster, trying to stay away from the feather because he was allergic but when the feather got closer to his view he realized what it was.

"An akuma? MARINETTE!" Chat Noir was now running and jumping faster than ever. Butterflies were pretty slow but this one may get to her before him. "She's a fighter. She's a fighter.."

Chat Noir was on the roof now and struggled but opened the trap door leading to the sobbing girl on the floor with a purple butterfly mask around her face.

"Princess! Princess come on. Fight through it. You got it, it's okay! Fight through it Princess, please.." Chat Noir said with tears starting to form in his eyes. This was all his fault. He made Marinette this way but he couldn't give up.

"Think about that boy that rejected you, Princess Justice. Think about him betraying you, choosing someone else instead of you. How does that make you feel?" Hawkmoth hissed, trying to win Marinette over.

"I- I hate him." Marinette replied. Her legs were transforming into her akumatized form but that's when Chat Noir held Marinette in his arms. She had a puzzled look on her face as she looked up at the man holding her.

"You can do this princess. Fight against hawkmoth. You are so strong princess, and I believe in you." Chat Noir whispered in her ear.

"No Hawkmoth. Get out of my head.. Get out of my head now! I don't hate him. I- I could never.." Marinette yelled, which worked. Her legs were back to normal and the lucky charm Adrien gave to her was back in its original form. Chat Noir got up quickly to cataclysm the akuma and went back to hugging Marinette.

"Shhh it's okay princess. I'm here." Marinette lay in Chat Noirs arms not understanding what just happened. She felt like someone was controlling her mind and taking over her body. On the other hand, Chat Noir knew the damage Marinette would've caused if the akuma did take over. How badly did he really hurt her? He knew it was bad but-

"What happened?" Chat Noir's thoughts got cut off by Marinette's question. Of course she was confused. No one ever explained the whole hawkmoth akuma thing to her when she lost her memory.

"I'll explain later. I just need you to stay calm with me right now." Chat Noir replied. Marinette nodded and laid her head on his chest while Chat tightened his arms around her. He was slightly stroking her hair while playing with the ends of her pigtails. Marinette rang the bell around his neck which made both of them laugh. She seemed better than before now but her face suggested something different. Her eyes were puffy and she was physically tired. It's the things you can tell but don't point out. He looked around and there were tissues everywhere. He hated himself for making her feel like this. She didn't deserve this.

"I'm sorry.." He whispered, but not quiet enough for her not to hear.

"It's not your fault kitten. You are the only person who hasn't ever hurt me. Don't be sorry." Marinette replied tiredly. The amount of guilt he felt in this moment was unbearable. It was all his fault. If he just told her earlier, if he pushed Kagami away, if he did so many other things Marinette would've never felt like this.

She was falling asleep in his arms, and her head fell onto his shoulder.

"Rest well sleepy head." Chat Noir said as he lay Marinette on her bed. He gave her a little forehead peck and he saw a little smile form on her face which made him smile.

"Come back later, okay?" She managed to say.

"Of course princess." Chat Noir swung back to his room and it was just now starting to get dark. He slipped back into the window and detransformed.

"What a day." He told himself. He sat down at his desk to finish his science homework while he lit the candle Ladybug got him. It was now 10:00 PM and Nathalie knocked on his door.

"Adrien, your behaviour today was unacceptable. I hope that was a one time thing and I hope you will never act like that again. Goodnight, go to bed now." She said. He didn't reply to what she said because the only thing on his mind was Marinette. Oh how badly he wanted to see her. Once he heard Nathalie's footsteps at the bottom of the stairs, he opened his window and flew out as Chat Noir.

As always, she was waiting for him on her rooftop. He could see her bluebell hair from a distance. When he got closer, he could see the tiredness and puffiness on her face. Guilt was all he felt.

"Hey Princess!" Chat Noir grinned as he walked towards Marinette.

"Hi Kitty! You came!" Marinette said and she pulled him into a hug. He knew he shouldn't but he had to ask.

"How was your day?"

Should she tell the truth?

"Oh well remember that boy I liked? Yeah well you were wrong I guess. He was stupid enough to not like me. He- kissed someone else. Pretty much in front of me. That hurt a lot and, well you saw what happened. He tried to justify his actions but I couldn't take it. It's been 4 years of crushing on him just to be crushed. Oh then I got 'akumatized?' Weren't you going to explain that to me?" Marinette said, looking at Chat Noir.

"Marinette I'm really sorry that happened to you. He," Adrien started, knowing he would probably regret what he was about to say, "he doesn't deserve you."

"Yeah I'm trying to get over him. Now explain the akuma thing!" Marinette laughed.

"Oh right. So I think you got a concussion from you falling in the street because Hawkmoth has been around for 4 years now. He tries to take my miraculous and- ladybug's earrings. That's my ring. See? He wants them because when they are combined he can make one wish. He akumatized people when he senses negative emotions like sadness and anger." Adrien explained.

"Oh. who's Ladybug?" Marinette asked. A lump appeared in Chat Noir's throat. What was he supposed to say to that?

"She was my partner in crime.." Chat Noir started while a tear formed in his eyes. Marinette knew this made him upset so she changed the subject.

"Well I'll try to stay positive then." She said with a smile. "It won't be hard if you stick around."

"Don't worry. I don't plan on going anywhere." Chat Noir replied. "Oh also can I have a dollar?" That was probably the most random question Marinette had ever been asked but she said okay.

"What do you need this for?" She asked him.

"Coffee in the mornings. You know I stay up late to be here with you Princess."

"Yeah yeah sure." Marinette teased, handing him a dollar.

"Remember when I said I'm not going anywhere? Well nevermind. I have to go to sleep now but I'll be here whenever you need me princess."

"Aw okay I'll see you then Kitty." Marinette replied. Chat Noir was about to jump off but Marinette held his jaw and kissed him on the cheek. They both turned bright red and smiled at each other.

~

A/N: Please don't forget to vote!

(idk who drew this sorry but credits to them!)