twenty eight.

All the students walked into Miss Bustiers class the next morning. The end of the school year was so close yet so far. Just three more dreadful weeks of hell until they could go off for their summer breaks.

"I know the end of the school year is nearing but I still have a few more projects for you guys." Miss Bustier announced to which the whole class let out a big groan.

"You're supposed to be the cool teacher!" Kim yelled out.

"Okay fine. I'll change it from individual to partner work. You will be working with the person seated next to you."

Marinette and Adrien locked eyes. They've gotten used to the fact that they had to sit together and secretly enjoyed it. It was another stupid research project and that made the class groan more. Miss Bustier ripped the papers with the possible topics and put them into a hat, walking up each row and having someone pick out of it.

"What did we get this time?" Marinette asked after Adrien pulled the piece of paper out of the hat. He shuffled his shoulders to angle the paper in her direction so she could read it as well. It was about.. Ladybug and Chat Noir?

"Oh I really need to research them. I know nothing about Chat Noir and Ladybug!" She said nervously, trying to cover up the fact that her whole life was just revealed to her the day before.

"Yeah same." They were both dreading to start this project but they started googling after ten minutes. Marinette researched Chat Noir and Adrien researched Ladybug. Adrien put all the information he found onto a document while Marinette spent a solid twenty minutes looking at the images of Chat Noir. Adrien saw her staring at the pictures and couldn't help but smirk. This was the girl he loved.

Marinette turned her head to see him looking at her looking at the pictures and she said, "Stop! I can't help it and we need photos for the project anyways." He let out a small chuckle and nodded.

"You like Chat Noir?" Adrien asked, knowing he was on the edge of exposing himself. Her opinion on him matter so much that he just had to know.

Marinette gave a slight smile and said, "I guess so. He's always been there for me when no one else has and he's the most funny and bravest guy I've ever met. Don't tell him I said that though."

Adrien tried his hardest to keep that grin off his face but no matter how hard he tried, nothing worked. He looked to his right so she couldn't see him. The nerves in his mouth eventually loosened up and he got back to work, now knowing how Marinette truly felt about him.

They just talked and typed at the same time, trying to cover up how bored they truly were of this project. It wasn't really fun to research your boyfriend and it wasn't fun to research a girl Adrien once loved. The only thing keeping them amused were their conversations. Did they always make sense? No, but they did love talking to each other.

Marinette also felt a strange feeling when she was around Adrien again. She hadn't felt like this in ages but the butterflies were being shot into her stomach again. She tried to push the feelings away, distract herself from him but nothing was working. Adrien was like a magnet. She always felt like she was going back to him but she hated feeling like she was betraying Chat Noir. She loves him but she also loves Adrien. As much as she doesn't want to, she does and there's nothing she can do about it except tell Chat Noir.

She was going to tell him her feelings for Adrien were heightning again. Chat Noir knew that she liked him before. She did go to him for advice after all. Marinette just knew she had to tell him the truth because she wanted their relationship to be built on trust. It's not like she was going to break up with him or anything, she just wanted to let him know and hopefully get over it.

The end of class bell finally rang so Marinette and Adrien headed out of the school to grab a bite at the local grocery store. Marinette tried convincing Alya and Nino to come as well but they said they wanted to give them some "alone time" which is exactly what Marinette did not need right now.

They got there and Marinette told him she had to go to the bathroom. She went into a stall and locked the door.

"You don't like him, Marinette. You love Chat Noir. Remember, you are in love with Chat Noir, not Adrien." Her thinking about Chat made some of the thoughts about Adrien fade but they were still there. She convinced herself that she was only feeling like this because of her diary. She was feeling overwhelmed from what she learnt the day before and what she read about him. He was her love interest for 4 years and reading it all again just made her think of him differently. Yeah, that was definitely it. The feelings weren't real, they were just side effects from her previous feelings.

She exited the bathroom and found Adrien near the food court.

"Hey! I already ordered us some food. And I know you wouldn't but don't tell my father about this. He would kill me if he knew I wasn't at the school right now." Adrien knew Marinette wouldn't tell a soul but he just had to put that out there just in case Gabriel was roaming around the grocery store (which has never happened. Adrien didn't even think his father stepped foot into a grocery store before).

They waited for their food and talked a little, her trying to avoid making major eye contact. Adrien was looking at Marinette but his face dropped.

"What?" Marinette asked as she looked behind her to see what Adrien looked so petrified from. It was his bodyguard shopping for groceries.

"Shit we gotta get out of here before he sees us!" Adrien dragged Marinette by the hand and then ran the opposite direction from his bodyguard, occasionally ducking under aisles so he wouldn't see them. This reminded Adrien of the time they had to put on disguises just so they could watch his mothers movie.

"We're almost out!" Marinette whispered, forgetting her hand was still in his. She pulled away awkwardly and Adrien gave her a weird stare but looked away a second later.

"Okay let's go." Adrien said and Marinette gave a light nod. They headed for the automatic doors, casually, and made it out. Were they being a little dramatic with the exit plan? Yes, but they both enjoyed it.

"We should head back now," she said. Adrien grabbing her hand did not help how she was feeling at all. At this moment she only felt guilt and she wanted to get back to the school so she could distance herself from Adrien. It was a short walk but it felt longer than it should've for Marinette. They finally saw the school, took a right turn, and she immediately looked for Alya, leaving him behind.

"I hate you so much."

"Trust me, you'll be thanking me later." Marinette didn't feel like she would be thanking her. If anything, her emotions only got more clear. She was falling for Adrien all over again and it was so out of the blue. She never expected to feel like this again but she did and guilt came with it.

*evening*

Marinette went back to her room after she finished eating dinner. She was trying to do her homework but instead worded how she was going to tell Chat Noir about Adrien. He would be there any minute and she needed to tell him the truth. She was so deep into thinking what she was going to say that she hadn't realized he was there already.

"Hey princess," he said. His voice made Marinette jump.

"Hi." She got up to her balcony and walked to the railing.

"Okay there's no easy way to say this," she started saying while turning her body to look at him.

"Are you- breaking up with me?" Chat Noir genuinely looked confused.

"Let me talk first. Okay so I want our relationship to be built off trust and I can't lie to you. Remember when we had just met and I told you about Adrien and how I liked him? Yeah, those feelings are coming back and I don't know why. I love you, I still do and no one could change that but I just had to let you know. I want these stupid feelings to go away because you are the one I truly love but-"

"Marinette."

"Wait let me-"

"Marinette. I- need to tell you something."

~

(a/n: get readyyyy! Also don't forget to vote :p)