sixteen.

The bell rang and all the students went out of the classroom to eat their lunches. Marinette quickly got up and walked out with Alya. Adrien really wanted to talk to her but he wasn't sure what to say. He tried apolzinging but that obviously didn't go well. Now she was just acting "cold" towards him.

"How are you holding up girl?" Alya asked her best friend.

"I mean better than before I guess. Also thanks for covering for me in class today when I went to the washroom. I appreciate it a lot, Alya."

"Of course girlie! What are best friends for?" Alya giggled. They stood in the cafeteria line because they both forgot their lunches. Alya saw Nino walk in with Adrien and gave him a threatening glare. She took out her phone and started texting him.

ALYA
NINO I SWEAR TO GOD GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW OR GET YOUR ASS BEAT
I TOLD YOU NOT TO HANG OUT WITH HIM

NINO
I'm sorry I'm coming right now.
Please don't kill me.

ALYA
absolutely no promises

Alya could feel Nino getting closer to where she and Marinette stood. What she wasn't expecting was Adrien to tag along. Nino was really oblivious, wasn't he?

"I meant alone Nino." Alya hissed. Truthfully, everyone was somewhat afraid of Alya. Her glares were like death looking you straight in the eyes. Once Adrien heard what Alya said and saw Marinette looking the other way he understood that he should go.

"Oh okay but Marinette can we talk after? Please?"

"What about?" Marinette replied.

"Well you know.." Adrien whispered, trying not to get the attention of every other student.

"Actually I don't know. Is there something you need to fill me in on? Or should we only talk when it's for our project?" Marinette said in response. Wow, how the turn tables. Marinette was suddenly feeling bold and Adrien was feeling shy.

Adrien just nodded to Marinette's response, too scared to say anything else. He walked away and guess who saw him and went up to talk to him? Kagami. He didn't know what her deal was or what she wanted from him.

"What do you want?" Adrien grumbled. He just wanted her to leave him alone but Kagami obviously didn't know what boundaries were.

"What I truly want is for us to be friends again! My followers are asking about you and why you aren't in my instagram posts anymore. Oh and I'm losing followers!" Kagami said as she pulled her phone out to take a picture of them together.

"So you're basically using me for publicity? Yeah no. Why do you keep forgetting I said I don't want to be friends anymore! You did something unforgivable and Marinette won't even speak to me so how am I supposed to apologize?"

"Just don't apologize. She doesn't care so it's okay." Kagami replied.

"Okay that's enough of you. Bye." Adrien ended their conversation by slipping into the boys washroom, finally getting away from that human magnet.

"Boys, the new girl's outside of the washroom waiting for someone." One of the boys in the washroom said while everyone started laughing. She was a literal magnet. Adrien decided to stay there for a long time and it worked because Kagami was no longer there when he came out. The bell rang for the last period which was science with Ms. Mendeleiev. She had the great idea of changing the seating plan as well.

Adrien was still sitting with Nino but Marinette had to sit with Kagami.

"Hello Marinette." Kagami said with an awkward grin. Marinette just nodded, trying to say as little as possible.

"Everyone be quiet! Today we will be dissecting pigs." Ms. Mendeleiev explained the project and some people looked like they were about to puke while others were super excited. Meylene was hiding in the corner, extremely upset that a baby pig was being used for a science project.

"So fun." Kagami said as she took her tool and stabbed it into the pigs skin. Marinette flinched a little, not realizing how aggressive Kagami could be. The room was filled with noise so Kagami knew Adrien wouldn't hear if she talked to her.

"So what's up with you and Adrien?" She asked Marinette who had a puzzled look on her face.

"Uh nothing? Are you serious? You literally knew what happened." Marinette grumbled.

"Yeah well stay away from him then. I know we are friends but I won't hesitate to drop you for him. We are actually in a serious relationship and have been dating in secret for months now. What you saw was not a one time thing." Kagami said, knowing she was lying with every word she just spoke.

"Oh is that so?" Marinette asked. She was trying to be bolder and more confident but Kagami saying that just broke her even more. Was Adrien really that.. Awful?

"And I honestly don't really care about your 'life story.' Keep it to yourself no one wants to hear it." Marinette added. Kagami's cheeks started turning red but she hoped Marinette didn't notice but she did. This felt like a victory on Marinette's part.

The end of school bell finally rang and Marinette got out of there as fast as possible. She went into her room and let it all out. Her panic attack felt strange and seeing Adrien and having to talk to him was too much for her to handle right now. Why was she getting deja vu again? Maybe just a peek in her diary would do no harm. But she resisted. She promised herself and she couldn't look just yet. But what she could do was write to make the wait time to read it go by faster!

Dear Diary,
The urge to read this grows everyday. I so badly want to know what happened and what I wrote because I can't seem to remember anything because of the accident. I would've known Kagami, right? I mean she called me her friend. Was that sarcasm? How were they dating all this time and I had no clue who she was? It makes no sense because of how much I stalk look at Adrien's socials. Oh, I also had a panic attack in the washroom today. I can try to describe it. I looked around me and the last time I was in the school didn't go well at all. All the voices started getting clumped until my brain was drained with clogged sound. It was overwhelming and I just ran to the washroom and cried. Oh and Chloe came in to comfort me out of all people. Okay I didn't even want to write but I so badly want to read this so bye.

Marinette

She closed her diary, super excited to write the last page and finally read the whole thing. She felt like part of her life was missing and Chat Noir could say it was because of the accident all he wanted but she didn't believe that. She opened her laptop to go on the drama doc that she made for her and Adrien to work on the script. She wanted to work on it at home so they didn't have to talk as much in class. What she wasn't expecting? The capital "A" the the top the the page and a red bubble appearing next to the chat box.

~

a/n: don't forget to voteee!

I think you know what's going to happen with the diary...

(credits to @//cj on twitter)